A level student who has a wardrobe of clothes from holiday destinations

Published: 21 Jun 2012 09:300 comments

DROMORE girl Linda Kenwell has had a busy year so far. Between A-level exams, performing the role of bridesmaid for her sister in April and playing football, spare time has been a bit thin on the ground!

But taking part in this week's Lifestyle photoshoot the 18-year-old said she was looking forward to a more relaxing summer.

In a pair of navy chinoes from New Look, a vest top from River Island and gold stiletto shoes all the way from Tenerife she said she would be heading out to sunnier climes in July with family and friends.

"We will be going out to Tenerife," she said, "I can't wait to head out and see some sun!"

But as she took her place in front the camera again in her second outfit, she conceded that she had the hurdle of her A-level exams to overcome before jetting off on holidays. Studying chemistry, maths and biology, she told us she had just one more exam left before freedom!

"I want to be a vet," explained the Omagh Academy student, "It's tough work and it means a lot more studying, but that's what I've always wanted to do.

"I've been getting work experience once a week in a local vets throughout this year and I have really enjoyed it."

Wearing burgundy jeans from New Look, a sequinned top from TFNC London and court shoes from Tenerife, Linda admitted that her wardrobe boasts quite a number of items bought on previous holidays.

"I go on holidays to get shoes!" she joked, "I love TopShop. But going by all my clothes I've brought in today, it looks like I buy everything in Tenerife! I like going with what's in fashion, but I think I have my own style too, though. I don't want to be exactly the same as everyone else."

Keen on sport, Linda keeps fit by playing football.

"I have just moved to Killen. I played for Cappagh Spurs before that and I used to play for Northern Ireland, but I just became too busy with school work to go on to the Over 18s."

And explaining that she also plays the piano and violin, it seems there is no end to her talents!

In a dress from TopShop, shoes from New Look and a belt 'inherited' from her sister, Linda said she had a nack for uncovering vintage pieces.

"This belt was my sister's, but I have reclaimed it as my own," she said, "I like adding vintage items to a look to make it different to anyone else has. I like to tweak the old items and make them your own."

In a pair of jeans from Tenerife, a top from New Look, a necklace belonging to her aunt and wedged shoes from Tenerife, Linda said she was looking forward to catching up on some rest in the coming months.

"I will be spending the summer catching up on sleep after my exams! Apart from my holiday, I don't have much else planned. My birthday will be coming up soon, I'd like to do something for it, but I just don't know what yet.

"I have applied to bio-veterinary at Nottingham this September so I will either go ahead with that or take a year out and then apply for veterinary next year. Because I want to do veterinary so much I think I would prefer to take a year out and get in to veterinary sooner, but we will see!"

Comments

Get more stories from our Lifestyle section

10 Apr 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Hairdresser Ali’s skills valued by friends getting ready for nights out

ENNISKILLEN hairdresser, Ali Magee admits she isn’t much of a cook. The 21-year-old says she is liable to give her family food poisoning thanks to her limited cooking skills!

20 Mar 2014 14:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Wearing your art on your sleeve

It was a bit of a mad notion ... it is painful but it’s bearable,” says Darren Teague, as he gets a half-sleeve tattooed on his upper arm.

20 Mar 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Devoted mum Jennifer itching to get back on the dance floor

DANCING is Jennifer Simpson’s great escape in life. The 26-year-old has a hectic daily routine as a busy mum of two. But she can get lost in her own little world when she dances.

6 Mar 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Busy mum Lisa manages to strike balance between work and home

BUSY mum of two Lisa Clarke may look familiar.

27 Feb 2014 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Mairead takes move from Wales to Arney in her stride

Moving from Merthyr Tydfil, 20 miles north of Cardiff, to Arney is not be the easiest of transitions, but Mairead O’Connor has taken it in her stride.

6 Feb 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Beauty pageant boosted Seana’s confidence

ENNISKILLEN teen, Seana O’Connor says controversial beauty pageant, Miss Ulster has helped her overcome low self-esteem issues

17 Jan 2014 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Cristian on the search for support for Top Model prize

Creative Media student Cristian Mulligan has big plans. The 19-year-old Rosslea man has reached the finals of Top Model UK and will compete in the grand final shows at The Hilton Metropole, London, on April 5.

9 Jan 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Books loom for girl that likes to ‘dress up and make an effort’

WITH the party season well and truly behind her, Collegiate pupil Sarah-Jayne Makhlouf is spending the new year with her head in the books.

21 Nov 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

A rare day of pampering for busy mum Joanne

PART-TIME hairdresser and full-time mummy, Joanne Bratton from Ederney has little time for herself.

7 Nov 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Newlywed Leanne looks ahead to a stylish Christmas

BALLINAMALLARD newly wed, Leanne Graham, (née Gillian) says she has inherited her vanity from her father!

31 Oct 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Bethany knows what she wants

COLLEGIATE Grammar School pupil, Bethany Blair may only be 14 but she’s a lady who knows what she wants!

25 Oct 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

French flair is the business for Helen

It was a trip to Sydney in August 2012 to visit her two children that cemented Helen Dolan’s resolve to “do something for herself”.

17 Oct 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

It’s all about America for cheerleader Amy

The classic American preppy look is Amy Greene’s style choice for this week’s Lifestyle shoot.

3 Oct 2013 13:00 • Julie Kenwell

The London look still inspires Tara

SHE may be a Fermanagh girl at heart but mum of two Tara Flanagan still likes to maintain some of the aspects of her former London life.

3 Oct 2013 09:30 • Editorial Department

Mr. Mervyn Charles Somerville

Much shock and sadness have been felt in the community following the recent passing of Mervyn Charles Somerville of 6 Hazelwood, Dromore Road, Irvinestown.

12 Sep 2013 13:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Young fashion designer needs your votes

For as long as she can remember, Jenna Mulligan has been imagining her wedding dress.

5 Sep 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Fashionistas out in style for cancer charity

Approximately 100 local fashionistas attended a charity Ladies Night in the Enniskillen Hotel recently, with all proceeds going to Cancer Research UK.

29 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Trendy fashions on view for a special cause

A colourful fashion show, highlighting the latest trends, was held in Life nightclub recently in aid of a very worthwhile cause.

15 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Fitness and dedication keep cheerleaders at their peak

"Cheerleading is an athletic discipline; it's not about pom poms," states Sarah Tierney.

2 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Making most of life before it's back to the books!

School's out for 18-year-old Rachael Tierney, from Mullaghmeen, who has just completed her A Levels at Mount Lourdes Grammar School.