More to the Lady of the Lake's wardrobe than her cloak

Published: 2 Aug 2012 09:300 comments

AS this year's Lady of the Lake, 21-year-old Keri Robinson has had a busy Summer so far.

Between fulfilling her festival duties and working full-time at SD Kells in Enniskillen, it's no wonder the pretty brunette is looking forward to a holiday in sunny Albufiera this September.

And on her day off this week she was showing off her tan (compliments of Tierra Spa and Beauty Treatments rather than the sun!) when she visited the Impartial Reporter office for our Lifestyle feature.

Describing her time so far as the newly crowned Lady of the Lake as "hectic", Keri said she was soaking up the experience.

"I had to take 10 days off work to be able to do all the festival duties," she said, "It was no holiday I can tell you. Every day was just jam-packed with things to do."

In a bright orange vest top by Miss Sixty and Salsa jeans, both from Walker Clothing and wedge shoes from New Look, she said one of the busiest days of the Irvinestown Festival was the Fair Day.

"I was there from around 12.30pm until 6.30pm," said Keri, "Luckily it was the best day of the week weather wise so I was able to walk and around and greet people and talk to them."

The Collegiate Grammar alumni is a qualified Beauty Therapist.

After finishing her GCSEs she left school for a a Beauty Therapy course in South West College.

Mad about lotions, potions and all things make-up, she said she enjoyed having her make-up and hair done for the festival.

"Last year's Lady of the Lake, Brenda McNulty, is actually my hairdresser," she explained, wearing a black playsuit from Walker Clothing.

"It was really nice because she was doing my hair each day and Physique in Irvinestown did my make-up.

"I love my beauty products and I love doing nail art as well. I would do it on myself or family and friends -- it keeps me in good practice!"

Wearing a maxi dress from SD Kells, a denim jacket and tan sandals, Keri said she was honoured to be selected as the festival Queen.

"Basically the town nominates you. A lot of people think that you put yourself forward, but that's not the case. A number of names are put forward and then whoever gets the most nominations is the new Lady of the Lake.

"it's nice to know that people put me forward. When I was told I was in shock at first! It took a while to for it to settle in."

In lemon jeans, a plain black vest top and a black and white striped blazer and New Look heels, she confessed she has hardly any spare time recently.

"When I do get time to myself, I like to spend it with my family and friends. I'm very close to my sisters. I have a twin called Kim and two older sisters and a brother. Kim was really chuffed for me when I found out I was the new Lady of the Lake.

"Some people have said to me 'Is your twin not jealous?!', but Kim's not like that at all. She's very shy by comparison. They always say there's a loud twin and it's definitely me!

"When we were growing up I was always the girly girl and she was always the tom boy. As we got older though, her style became a bit similar to my own and now she would share a lot of my clothes!"

In her final look of the day, a red lace dress from SD Kells and nude Lipsy shoes, Keri says she's a bit of a bargain hunter.

"I would shop in Quiz, get bits and pieces from SD Kells and Walkers Clothing in Irvinestown as well as Primark, New Look and Exhibit. I got these shoes as a 21st birthday present to myself! I was over in Manchester with my best friend and I wouldn't normally spend so much on a pair of shoes but I have got so much wear out of them.

"I'd say my biggest weakness is handbags. With working in Kells I probably have about 12 to 13 bags! The staff discount helps though!"

Comments

Get more stories from our Lifestyle section

10 Apr 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Hairdresser Ali’s skills valued by friends getting ready for nights out

ENNISKILLEN hairdresser, Ali Magee admits she isn’t much of a cook. The 21-year-old says she is liable to give her family food poisoning thanks to her limited cooking skills!

20 Mar 2014 14:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Wearing your art on your sleeve

It was a bit of a mad notion ... it is painful but it’s bearable,” says Darren Teague, as he gets a half-sleeve tattooed on his upper arm.

20 Mar 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Devoted mum Jennifer itching to get back on the dance floor

DANCING is Jennifer Simpson’s great escape in life. The 26-year-old has a hectic daily routine as a busy mum of two. But she can get lost in her own little world when she dances.

6 Mar 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Busy mum Lisa manages to strike balance between work and home

BUSY mum of two Lisa Clarke may look familiar.

27 Feb 2014 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Mairead takes move from Wales to Arney in her stride

Moving from Merthyr Tydfil, 20 miles north of Cardiff, to Arney is not be the easiest of transitions, but Mairead O’Connor has taken it in her stride.

6 Feb 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Beauty pageant boosted Seana’s confidence

ENNISKILLEN teen, Seana O’Connor says controversial beauty pageant, Miss Ulster has helped her overcome low self-esteem issues

17 Jan 2014 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Cristian on the search for support for Top Model prize

Creative Media student Cristian Mulligan has big plans. The 19-year-old Rosslea man has reached the finals of Top Model UK and will compete in the grand final shows at The Hilton Metropole, London, on April 5.

9 Jan 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Books loom for girl that likes to ‘dress up and make an effort’

WITH the party season well and truly behind her, Collegiate pupil Sarah-Jayne Makhlouf is spending the new year with her head in the books.

21 Nov 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

A rare day of pampering for busy mum Joanne

PART-TIME hairdresser and full-time mummy, Joanne Bratton from Ederney has little time for herself.

7 Nov 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Newlywed Leanne looks ahead to a stylish Christmas

BALLINAMALLARD newly wed, Leanne Graham, (née Gillian) says she has inherited her vanity from her father!

31 Oct 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Bethany knows what she wants

COLLEGIATE Grammar School pupil, Bethany Blair may only be 14 but she’s a lady who knows what she wants!

25 Oct 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

French flair is the business for Helen

It was a trip to Sydney in August 2012 to visit her two children that cemented Helen Dolan’s resolve to “do something for herself”.

17 Oct 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

It’s all about America for cheerleader Amy

The classic American preppy look is Amy Greene’s style choice for this week’s Lifestyle shoot.

3 Oct 2013 13:00 • Julie Kenwell

The London look still inspires Tara

SHE may be a Fermanagh girl at heart but mum of two Tara Flanagan still likes to maintain some of the aspects of her former London life.

3 Oct 2013 09:30 • Editorial Department

Mr. Mervyn Charles Somerville

Much shock and sadness have been felt in the community following the recent passing of Mervyn Charles Somerville of 6 Hazelwood, Dromore Road, Irvinestown.

12 Sep 2013 13:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Young fashion designer needs your votes

For as long as she can remember, Jenna Mulligan has been imagining her wedding dress.

5 Sep 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Fashionistas out in style for cancer charity

Approximately 100 local fashionistas attended a charity Ladies Night in the Enniskillen Hotel recently, with all proceeds going to Cancer Research UK.

29 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Trendy fashions on view for a special cause

A colourful fashion show, highlighting the latest trends, was held in Life nightclub recently in aid of a very worthwhile cause.

15 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Fitness and dedication keep cheerleaders at their peak

"Cheerleading is an athletic discipline; it's not about pom poms," states Sarah Tierney.

2 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Making most of life before it's back to the books!

School's out for 18-year-old Rachael Tierney, from Mullaghmeen, who has just completed her A Levels at Mount Lourdes Grammar School.