Army wife, Vanessa always ready to travel

Published: 18 Oct 2012 13:100 comments

ARMY wife Vanessa Beatty has been spending the last couple of weeks in Fermanagh on holiday.

Originally from Blackburn, she lives with her soldier husband, Kyle and baby daughter, Jamie-Leigh in Germany.

The petite brunette has been a part of the army bubble all her life, with her father also serving.

So when she took part in our Lifestyle photoshoot this week, she said she had become accustomed to her husband being away for long periods of time.

Wearing a leopard print shoes, a matching blouse and leather leggings, all from Exhibit and a blazer from Germany, Vanessa explains

her connection with Fermanagh.

"Kyle's mum and dad are from here. We got

married here two years ago and we

lived here for a while. We had the service in

Ballinamallard and then headed across the

road to the Steakhouse. We have been here

for about five weeks now. I've been

helping out my father-in-law by

waitressing a bit while I'm here. I'm not

sure exactly when we will be heading back

to Germany just yet."

The 20-year-old met Kyle while in school.

As she models a black and gold peplum

top from Exhibit with her leggings she says adjusting to becoming a full-time mum for little Jamie-Leigh was an easy

transition for her.

"She will be two next month," explains Vanessa, "She is great, she definitely keeps me on my toes. At the moment Kyle is in Kenya. He has been away for a while now. It is hard when he is away but I have always been in an army family so to be honest I don't know much different. I think I would have found Kyle being away harder if I hadn't experienced it before with my dad. But my parents only live down the road from where I live so I have people around me and Jamie-Leigh keeps me company!"

Wearing a cosy knitted jumper from New Look and jeans from Germany, she describes her style as being "current".

"I like shopping in New Look, River Island, Exhibit -- different places really," she says, "I don't exercise at all though -- being a mum I just don't have the time for that!"

Wearing a black dress from Exhibit, Vanessa says she looks forward to the time when Kyle returns, bringing the opportunity to get back to "normality".

"When he is away I would meet up with friends, go out or go shopping but normally I'm having a busy day with my little girl," says Vanessa, "And at the end of each day I like to curl up on the sofa and watch the soaps! But when Kyle is home we go out for meals and different things like that to get back to normality until the next time that he goes away again. He is due back on November 7, although he was meant to come back earlier and it was extended. He could have it extended for another two to three months again, you never know. All my friends are army wives as well so they all live in that army bubble too. It would be hard for me to imagine anything else really," she adds.

Comments

Get more stories from our Lifestyle section

10 Apr 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Hairdresser Ali’s skills valued by friends getting ready for nights out

ENNISKILLEN hairdresser, Ali Magee admits she isn’t much of a cook. The 21-year-old says she is liable to give her family food poisoning thanks to her limited cooking skills!

20 Mar 2014 14:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Wearing your art on your sleeve

It was a bit of a mad notion ... it is painful but it’s bearable,” says Darren Teague, as he gets a half-sleeve tattooed on his upper arm.

20 Mar 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Devoted mum Jennifer itching to get back on the dance floor

DANCING is Jennifer Simpson’s great escape in life. The 26-year-old has a hectic daily routine as a busy mum of two. But she can get lost in her own little world when she dances.

6 Mar 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Busy mum Lisa manages to strike balance between work and home

BUSY mum of two Lisa Clarke may look familiar.

27 Feb 2014 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Mairead takes move from Wales to Arney in her stride

Moving from Merthyr Tydfil, 20 miles north of Cardiff, to Arney is not be the easiest of transitions, but Mairead O’Connor has taken it in her stride.

6 Feb 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Beauty pageant boosted Seana’s confidence

ENNISKILLEN teen, Seana O’Connor says controversial beauty pageant, Miss Ulster has helped her overcome low self-esteem issues

17 Jan 2014 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Cristian on the search for support for Top Model prize

Creative Media student Cristian Mulligan has big plans. The 19-year-old Rosslea man has reached the finals of Top Model UK and will compete in the grand final shows at The Hilton Metropole, London, on April 5.

9 Jan 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Books loom for girl that likes to ‘dress up and make an effort’

WITH the party season well and truly behind her, Collegiate pupil Sarah-Jayne Makhlouf is spending the new year with her head in the books.

21 Nov 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

A rare day of pampering for busy mum Joanne

PART-TIME hairdresser and full-time mummy, Joanne Bratton from Ederney has little time for herself.

7 Nov 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Newlywed Leanne looks ahead to a stylish Christmas

BALLINAMALLARD newly wed, Leanne Graham, (née Gillian) says she has inherited her vanity from her father!

31 Oct 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Bethany knows what she wants

COLLEGIATE Grammar School pupil, Bethany Blair may only be 14 but she’s a lady who knows what she wants!

25 Oct 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

French flair is the business for Helen

It was a trip to Sydney in August 2012 to visit her two children that cemented Helen Dolan’s resolve to “do something for herself”.

17 Oct 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

It’s all about America for cheerleader Amy

The classic American preppy look is Amy Greene’s style choice for this week’s Lifestyle shoot.

3 Oct 2013 13:00 • Julie Kenwell

The London look still inspires Tara

SHE may be a Fermanagh girl at heart but mum of two Tara Flanagan still likes to maintain some of the aspects of her former London life.

3 Oct 2013 09:30 • Editorial Department

Mr. Mervyn Charles Somerville

Much shock and sadness have been felt in the community following the recent passing of Mervyn Charles Somerville of 6 Hazelwood, Dromore Road, Irvinestown.

12 Sep 2013 13:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Young fashion designer needs your votes

For as long as she can remember, Jenna Mulligan has been imagining her wedding dress.

5 Sep 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Fashionistas out in style for cancer charity

Approximately 100 local fashionistas attended a charity Ladies Night in the Enniskillen Hotel recently, with all proceeds going to Cancer Research UK.

29 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Trendy fashions on view for a special cause

A colourful fashion show, highlighting the latest trends, was held in Life nightclub recently in aid of a very worthwhile cause.

15 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Fitness and dedication keep cheerleaders at their peak

"Cheerleading is an athletic discipline; it's not about pom poms," states Sarah Tierney.

2 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Making most of life before it's back to the books!

School's out for 18-year-old Rachael Tierney, from Mullaghmeen, who has just completed her A Levels at Mount Lourdes Grammar School.