Leah's got big plans for the new year

Published: 20 Dec 2012 09:450 comments

MAGHERAVEELEY girl, Leah Egerton, is looking forward to a Christmas spent catching up with family and friends.

The 18-year-old who works full-time in Wetherspoons in Enniskillen will be working over most of the festive period.

But when she does have some time to herself, she fully intends to make the most of it.

Having left school in June this year Leah is in the middle of a year out from studies.

And as she models her first look for this week's Lifestyle photoshoot, she explains that she has big plans for 2013.

Wearing a pair of jeans from River Island, a jumper from New Look, short from H&M and shoes from River Island, she explains that come April next year, she will be ditching Fermanagh's famed wet weather in favour of sunnier climes.

"I went on holidays to Magaluf in June this year and loved it that much that I went back again in August, I decided that I definitely wanted to go back out there again so in April I will be heading out there to work for the summer."

While studying for her A-levels Leah had plans to pursue a career in events management.

But after a change of heart she decided on a year out instead.

"I wouldn't have got much work in events management here anyway," she said, "So I decided against going to university. I think if I had just gone on to uni I would have went out every night and not studied! So next year I'm going to do a diploma in criminology or public services."

Modelling shorts from River Island, with white shoes shoes from Primark, a top from NV and a jumper from H&M Leah says she spends her spare time going shopping or heading out with friends.

"I have friends studying at university in Belfast so I go out quite a bit up there and stay with them. The night life there is a lot better than it is here. But if I'm down home I will normally come into town or go out in Omagh."

Demonstrating her quirky style to perfection, Leah shows off a block green dress from TopShop which she styles with a necklace from New Look, black wedged ankle boots form New Look and a pair of lace-trimmed children's white ankle socks!

"They keep my feet warm and it is something different!" she says, "I definitely go for comfort when it comes to my style. I like big knitted jumpers and scarves. I wouldn't say my style is different from anyone else's, but I style things to suit me. I wouldn't wear anything that didn't suit my shape or size. I'm more trendy than glamorous, I would normally go to River Island, TopShop, New Look and I'm a big fan of Primark. I love internet shopping too, but you can see too many things on line!"

Leah says she tries to make it to the gym at least once a week in order to keep in shape.

"I'm running about in work all the time any way which is exercise in itself," she says, "I'm usually always wrecked when I get home because I'm on my feet all day."

In her final outfit of the day, a checked shirt from H&M teamed with leggings, boots from H&M and a pink vest top, Leah says she is looking forward to catching up with her friends from university now that they have returned home for Christmas.

"I am working most of Christmas but at least I have Christmas day off! I wouldn't fancy working it! I will be spending the day with family .

"I prefer going out on Boxing night and Christmas Eve, but I'm working Christmas Eve so that's out for me this year!"

Looking ahead to 2013, Leah says she can't went to get back to Magaluf.

"I think I will find it hard to leave the sun when it comes to gong home again," she says, "At the start I was a bit worried about going out there on my own but I think that after the first week I will be more settled and I'll be flying! I think this year out as well as made me far more independent," she adds.

Comments

Get more stories from our Lifestyle section

10 Apr 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Hairdresser Ali’s skills valued by friends getting ready for nights out

ENNISKILLEN hairdresser, Ali Magee admits she isn’t much of a cook. The 21-year-old says she is liable to give her family food poisoning thanks to her limited cooking skills!

20 Mar 2014 14:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Wearing your art on your sleeve

It was a bit of a mad notion ... it is painful but it’s bearable,” says Darren Teague, as he gets a half-sleeve tattooed on his upper arm.

20 Mar 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Devoted mum Jennifer itching to get back on the dance floor

DANCING is Jennifer Simpson’s great escape in life. The 26-year-old has a hectic daily routine as a busy mum of two. But she can get lost in her own little world when she dances.

6 Mar 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Busy mum Lisa manages to strike balance between work and home

BUSY mum of two Lisa Clarke may look familiar.

27 Feb 2014 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Mairead takes move from Wales to Arney in her stride

Moving from Merthyr Tydfil, 20 miles north of Cardiff, to Arney is not be the easiest of transitions, but Mairead O’Connor has taken it in her stride.

6 Feb 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Beauty pageant boosted Seana’s confidence

ENNISKILLEN teen, Seana O’Connor says controversial beauty pageant, Miss Ulster has helped her overcome low self-esteem issues

17 Jan 2014 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Cristian on the search for support for Top Model prize

Creative Media student Cristian Mulligan has big plans. The 19-year-old Rosslea man has reached the finals of Top Model UK and will compete in the grand final shows at The Hilton Metropole, London, on April 5.

9 Jan 2014 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Books loom for girl that likes to ‘dress up and make an effort’

WITH the party season well and truly behind her, Collegiate pupil Sarah-Jayne Makhlouf is spending the new year with her head in the books.

21 Nov 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

A rare day of pampering for busy mum Joanne

PART-TIME hairdresser and full-time mummy, Joanne Bratton from Ederney has little time for herself.

7 Nov 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Newlywed Leanne looks ahead to a stylish Christmas

BALLINAMALLARD newly wed, Leanne Graham, (née Gillian) says she has inherited her vanity from her father!

31 Oct 2013 09:30 • Julie Kenwell

Bethany knows what she wants

COLLEGIATE Grammar School pupil, Bethany Blair may only be 14 but she’s a lady who knows what she wants!

25 Oct 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

French flair is the business for Helen

It was a trip to Sydney in August 2012 to visit her two children that cemented Helen Dolan’s resolve to “do something for herself”.

17 Oct 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

It’s all about America for cheerleader Amy

The classic American preppy look is Amy Greene’s style choice for this week’s Lifestyle shoot.

3 Oct 2013 13:00 • Julie Kenwell

The London look still inspires Tara

SHE may be a Fermanagh girl at heart but mum of two Tara Flanagan still likes to maintain some of the aspects of her former London life.

3 Oct 2013 09:30 • Editorial Department

Mr. Mervyn Charles Somerville

Much shock and sadness have been felt in the community following the recent passing of Mervyn Charles Somerville of 6 Hazelwood, Dromore Road, Irvinestown.

12 Sep 2013 13:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Young fashion designer needs your votes

For as long as she can remember, Jenna Mulligan has been imagining her wedding dress.

5 Sep 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Fashionistas out in style for cancer charity

Approximately 100 local fashionistas attended a charity Ladies Night in the Enniskillen Hotel recently, with all proceeds going to Cancer Research UK.

29 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Trendy fashions on view for a special cause

A colourful fashion show, highlighting the latest trends, was held in Life nightclub recently in aid of a very worthwhile cause.

15 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Fitness and dedication keep cheerleaders at their peak

"Cheerleading is an athletic discipline; it's not about pom poms," states Sarah Tierney.

2 Aug 2013 09:30 • Meadhbh Monahan

Making most of life before it's back to the books!

School's out for 18-year-old Rachael Tierney, from Mullaghmeen, who has just completed her A Levels at Mount Lourdes Grammar School.