The death has taken place of Mrs. Miriam Ann Law, formerly of Tullynaguiggy, near Kesh.

Miriam, who spent the last three years in Millcroft Nursing Home, was born on June 1925, the youngest in the family of John and Nancy Beggs.

Miriam was just 16 when her father died in 1941 and a year later, her eldest brother, Harry, lost at sea during the Second World War.

With her other siblings working in England, Miriam remained at home to support and care for her mother and Aunt Sarah until she married Albert Law in 1972. They moved to Monaghan where Albert was in business. Her sister Joan, who had been nursing, took over the care of their mother until she died in 1975.

Miriam and her husband returned to Tullynaguiggy in the late 1970's until Albert's death on Boxing Day 1989.

Over the years Miriam developed her cooking skills, entertaining visitors, as well as cooking for church events and charitable causes. She also enjoyed hosting many visitors to the family home which became one of the last ceilidh houses.

She also provided support for friends and neighbours, but particularly took a keen interest in young people and many people in the area did their homework and study at Tullynaguiggy.

Miriam took an active interest in the work of the Royal British Legion for over 30 years, collecting for the annual Poppy Appeal.

She also had a great love for Ardess Parish Church, being a member of the choir and worshipping regularly until unable to attend. When not being able to attend church, she enjoyed being visited by Canon Eric McGirr or the Rev. Henry Blair.

Despite her pain and discomfort in latter years as a patient in Millcroft Nursing Home, she refused to complain and her wit and sense of fun was enjoyed by other residents and staff.

However her health deteriorated in recent years and she had to be admitted to the Erne Hospital.

Miriam was predeceased by her sisters, Doreen and Margaret and brothers, Harry and Ted. She is survived by her sister Joan and her husband Crawford Breen as well as a number of nephews and nieces.

The funeral service took place in Ardess Parish Church conducted by the Rev. James Boyd, rector of Dromore, deputising for the Rev. Henry Blair. A tribute was read by Mr. Michael Beggs, a nephew.

The burial took place in the adjoining graveyard.

The funeral arrangements were carried out by W.T.Morrison, Darling Street, Enniskillen.