ROSLEA produce a late comeback to overhaul Derrygonnelly in the dying minutes of the game, to leave the Harps needing at least one more win in the last two games to guarantee safety in Division One.

In a contest that Derrygonnelly led for the most part, Roslea managed to hit two late goals to take the points, and victory in their next game will ensure they will make the semi finals of the league come the end of the season.

It was the visitors who started the better here, finding themselves three points to the good in the opening minute. A foot block in the Roslea square led to a penalty being awarded, and Jonathan McGurn was on hand to fire home the spot kick.

Roslea were under the cosh in the opening exchanges, and Derrygonnelly extended their lead further when Maurice Cassidy landed a point, and Cassidy then added his second of the game soon after to leave the hosts five points down.

The home side did eventually open their account on the ten minute mark when Sean Quigley slotted over a score, and were right back in the contest just minutes later when Sean Quigley was adjudged to have been fouled in the Derrygonnelly area, and Quigley stepped up himself to despatch the penalty into the corner of the net.

It was very much blow for blow after that as half time approached, with Jonathan McGurn and Leigh Jones on target for Derrygonnelly, and Sean Quigley replying with two points for Roslea.

Just before the break Liam Lynch added on another point for the hosts, but Derrygonnelly were to have the final say of the half with two points in quick succession from Declan Cassidy and Kevin Cassidy.

The visitors should have perhaps gone in at the interval further ahead, but they put that to the back of their minds as they started the second half in similar fashion to the first. A good initial spell saw Garvan McGinley, Kevin Cassidy, Jonathan McGurn and Leigh Jones all hit scores, with Roslea again starting sluggishly.

However, the home side kept themselves in touch with scores from Liam Lynch, Niall Cassidy and Sean Quigley, and going into the game's final quarter, there wasn't much between the teams on the scoreboard.

The last ten minutes would prove to be decisive, with Roslea hitting two goals in a very short space of time. The first effort came courtesy of a goalmouth scramble, with Niall Cassidy on hand to fist home from close range.

Derrygonnelly hit back with a superb point from Jonathan McGurn to leave them ahead by the smallest of margins, but as injury time loomed, Roslea hit a second goal. It was very much a carbon copy of the first, with Sean Quigley fisting to the net after another ricochet in the Derrygonnelly square.

That goal was a killer blow to Derrygonnelly, and when a late goal chance from Jonathan McGurn landed just over the crossbar, there was no time for another attack from the visitors, and Roslea held out to win after a frantic finish to proceedings.