Housing Executive needs help in fight against anti-social behaviour

Published: 8 Oct 2012 09:50

The Housing Executive in Fermanagh has promised to take all necessary action to combat anti-social behaviour but has said that the public needs to come forward to help them.

The Housing Executive in Fermanagh has called on the public to help in the fight against anti-social behaviour.

As a responsible landlord the Housing Executive will take all necessary action to combat anti social behaviour as Michael Callaghan, the Housing Executive's Fermanagh District manager explains:

"The Housing Executive treats reports of anti social behaviour very seriously and will not hesitate to take action against any of its tenants found to be involved in this activity.

"However, to be truly effective in challenging this behaviour we need people to come forward and report incidents as and when they occur. All reports received are dealt with in a confidential manner.

"The Housing Executive works closely with the local community and with its partner agencies; the PSNI, Fermanagh District Council and Youth Justice; to ensure that anti social behaviour does not take hold.

"Most cases of anti social behaviour reported to us are of a minor nature and can be successfully dealt with by using warning letters, mediation and Acceptable Behaviour Contracts (ABCs). However, where early interventions fail, we will not hesitate to use legal measures including serving an injunction or, as a last resort, the repossession of a property.

"By undertaking this type of action we are attempting to offer support to victims and reassurance to communities that anti social behaviour and nuisance will not be tolerated."

If you have experienced or witnessed anti social behaviour, you should contact your local Housing Executive District Office. You can do this by phoning, calling in person to the office, advising a housing officer or neighbourhood officer who may be in your area, sending a letter or email. If English is not your first language and you wish to report an incident, your local District Office has a telephone translation facility. Or if you prefer, reports can also be made on your behalf by a relative, friend or other representative. All reports received are dealt with in a confidential manner.

Dependent upon the nature of the incident it may also be necessary for you to report the incident to another agency.  For example, if the incident is serious or criminal in nature, you should contact the PSNI or if the incident relates to environmental issues such as pets, noise or rubbish dumping, then you should report this to Fermanagh District Council.

Further information can be found on the Housing Executive's web site www.nihe.gov.uk

Jump to first paragraph.

Get more stories from our Roundup section

17 Apr 2014 19:00 • Rodney Edwards

#fermanaghspake This Week is...

‘I’m not half well’

Social: Comments0 comments

17 Apr 2014 18:06 • Rodney Edwards

Would-be Unionist polictician admits Catholic Facebook question was 'badly worded'

A would-be politician seeking a seat in the new Fermanagh and Omagh Council for the Ulster Unionist Party has defended himself for a second time following comments he made on Facebook.


17 Apr 2014 17:01

Fermanagh's 'different breed' that sets the Orange Standard

Let me get the amateur sociology out of the way first: ‘Out-group homogeneity’. It describes a bias that any group of people are prone to have.


17 Apr 2014 16:30

Why are you 'punishing a good school'?

The proposed Development Proposal to close both Enniskillen Collegiate School and Portora Royal School and open a new school on a split site, will go before the members of the Western Education and Library Board on May 8 for approval.


17 Apr 2014 15:57

Meeting exposed WELB's 'weak process and weak argument' says Collegiate head

THE Collegiate Grammar School’s consultation meeting on its proposed amalgamation with Portora Royal exposed the Western Education Library Board’s (WELB) “weak process and weak argument”, according to principal, Elizabeth Armstrong.


17 Apr 2014 15:14

Collegiate parents walk out after rudeness of WELB official

PARENTS of Collegiate Grammar School have accused Western Education Library Board (WELB) officials of hiding their personal vested interest in a proposal that would see the school merge with Portora Royal next year.


17 Apr 2014 14:29 • Meadhbh Monahan

Angry homeowners duped by rogue driveway worker caled Roadstone

HOMEOWNERS in Enniskillen are “disgusted” with workmen who took hundreds of pounds for cleaning their driveways, but never finished the job.


17 Apr 2014 14:06

Enniskillen by-pass could start in four years says Minister

WORK on the long-awaited Southern by-pass of Enniskillen could start in four years’ time but only if the millions needed for the scheme can be found, Regional Development Minister Danny Kennedy has said.


17 Apr 2014 13:11

No referendum on fracking at Council elections

Fermanagh District Council is unlikely to hold a fracking referendum after legal advice has recommended against it.


17 Apr 2014 13:01

Woman who tried to give man love bite guilty of sexual assault

A 47-year-old woman has been convicted of sexually assaulting a young man after she allegedly “forced” herself on him, grabbing him by the bum and telling him she loved him.


17 Apr 2014 11:45

St. Patrick's Day crash led driver to court

A 42-year-old driver who failed to stop after crashing into a car on a bridge on St. Patrick’s Day was three times the legal alcohol limit.


17 Apr 2014 10:00 • Editorial Department

Inside today's paper

Clerics attend Queen’s banquet: Praise for their cross-community work

Social: Comments0 comments

17 Apr 2014 09:48

Sharpe names Premier 18 for Milk Cup

Fermanagh Premier Milk Cup manager Derek Sharpe has named his 18 man squad for this summer's competition.


17 Apr 2014 09:15

Men arrested in connection with security alert charged with theft

THE two men arrested in connection with a security alert in Fintona on Tuesday this week have been charged with Theft and Going Equipped for Theft


17 Apr 2014 09:00

Schoolgirl chef makes it to Fine Dine final

A local pupil has been named a finalist in this year's Fine Dine at Mine All-Ireland Schools Cookery Competion.


16 Apr 2014 22:30 • Editorial Department

In tomorrow's Impartial Reporter read:

How a woman has been convicted of sexually assaulting a man after touching him and trying to give him a love bite.

Social: Comments0 comments

16 Apr 2014 19:30

Arrest warrant for convicted shoplifter

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a 33-year-old convicted shoplifter.


16 Apr 2014 17:00

Driver convicted of possession of drug after cannabis was found in car

The 32-year-old driver of a car from which there was a strong smell of cannabis has admitted unlawfully having the Class B drug.


16 Apr 2014 15:00 • Editorial Department

Comment - Shona Morrison - Feeling blue over the lack of support for autism awareness

Our wee county of Fermanagh has a great deal going for it right now.

Social: Comments0 comments

16 Apr 2014 12:20

Police probe confrontation between cyclists and motorist

A man was reportedly assaulted during a confrontation between a motorist and a group of cyclists on the Sligo Road in Enniskillen.