A representative of actor Kevin Spacey has told www.impartialreporter.com that the Oscar winner is not in discussions to play bankrupt billionaire Sean Quinn in spite of widespread press reports linking him to the forthcoming movie.
A colleague of Mr Spacey's LA-based publicist Staci Wolfe said it is untrue that the Oscar-winning actor is doing the Quinn movie.
According to his representative from Polaris PR: "He has no offer and has had no discussions about participating in this film".
The Belfast Telegraph website last month reported that the Quinn rags to riches tale will be produced by James Mitchell, the man responsible for Ordinary Decent Criminal.
Ron Hutchinson is scripting the movie, with filming due to begin next year.
Sean Quinn senior is currently in Mountjoy prison.
Dublin-based Soho Moon Pictures confirmed it is behind the film, said the Belfast Telegraph.
"It is in the very early stages of production at the minute. We would hope to start production in the New Year," Soho Moon's Sarah Walsh had told Sunday Life.