Fermanagh 0-04 Cavan 2-19 Fermanagh made their exit from the Ulster U21 Championship as they went down to a much more accomplished Cavan side at Brewster Park tonight.

The Breffnimen got off to a flying start, rattling over the opening seven points and Fermanagh never looked like recovering from it as they struggled to get a foothold in the game.

Seven points still divided the sides at the break and Cavan pushed on in the second half as they eased their way to victory with a dominated display to secure their place in the semi-final.

A well organised Cavan side could not have asked for a better start to the game as they quickly took control of things.

The away side bossed matters in the middle third while fleet footed attackers Caoimhin O'Reilly and Ryan Connolly gave the Fermanagh defence all sorts of problems as they accounted for five of Cavan's opening seven points while Bryan Magee and Matthew McKenna also chipped in with points.

Fermanagh finally got off the mark in the through a good long range point from Conor McAuley but in truth there was a distinct gulf in class between the two sides throughout the encounter.

Kealan Kelly and McAuley tagged on points for Pete McGrath's side over the remainder of the half but with Connolly kicking points from play and from frees Cavan went in at the interval leading 0-10 to 0-03.

And the Breffni outfit continued to dictate the play in the second half as they quickly pulled further clear.

Pierce Smith, Magee and three points from the impressive O'Reilly put them 12 clear ten minutes into the second half.

Fermanagh had no answer to Cavan's superior quality and substitute Conor Smith added to Fermanagh's woes as he arrowed a low shot to the back of the net.

David Teague clipped over Fermanagh's only score of the second half from a free while at the other end the scores continued to flow.

With the game in added on time Peter Corrigan palmed home Cavan's second goal which capped off a miserable evening for the Ernemen as it finished 2-19 to 0-04.