Enniskillen Town 9 NFC Kesh 2 Enniskillen Town sailed through to the next round of the Mulhern Cup with a comprehensive 9-2 win over Division One strugglers NFC Kesh at the Lakeland Forum on Saturday.

Rory Judge’s side were in control of the contest throughout and from the moment that Ryan Hanna broke the deadlock midway through the first half there was only ever going to be one outcome.

Ciaran Brough followed up with a quickfire hat-trick for the home side before Niall McMenamin pulled a goal back for Kesh on the stroke of half time.

Frank Wallace helped himself to a second half hat-trick though as Town put Kesh to the sword and it was a performance that pleased manager Judge.

“Kesh have given us trouble any time we have met them over the last couple of years and we knew we would have to work hard but in truth we were always in control of the game, even before we got the first goal, and we are pleased to be in the next round because that was the goal.

“The good thing from my point of view was that we were ruthless.

“The boys never took the foot of the gas, they kept going and going to the end,” he said.

It was Town who were on the front foot from the start against a Kesh side that sit bottom of the Division One table.

And they were eventually to break the visitors stubborn resistance in the 24th minute to take the lead.

A good move down the left hand side saw Gary Stewart pull the ball back across the goal and after Brough dummied the influential Hanna swept home a first time effort from the penalty spot to make it 1-0.

Town quickly grabbed the initiative to push into a sizeable advantage as Brough swooped for a four minute hat-trick.

The striker made it 2-0 when he headed home after Wallace’s free kick came back off the crossbar and a counter attack which was started by goalkeeper Pat Cadden saw him bag his second before completing his hat-trick soon after to make it 4-0.

A shell shocked Kesh did pull a goal back before half time when McMenamin converted from the spot after Mark Jones was taken down but they still had a mountain to climb in the second half.

Town restored their four goal advantage two minutes into the second half with Sean Hynds getting on the scoresheet, Hynds tucking the ball to the back of the net when a corner to the back post fell to him.

Hanna netted his second of the day as he made it 6-1 in the 55th minute and Wallace then followed up with a nine minute hat-trick.

The pick of Wallace’s trio was his second as he got on the end of a lovely ball from Hanna between the two Kesh centre halves which he took down on his chest before confidently slotting home.

McMenamin registered his second of the game for Kesh in the 68th minute but this was merely a consolation goal as Town eased their way into Round Three of the competition.

“It would be nice to get a home draw in the next round but we’ll just take whatever we get.

“We are in good form at the minute and we’ll just take it one game at a time,” stated Judge.