Derrygonnelly 1-15 Teemore 0-11.

Derrygonnelly deservedly secured the Erne Cup 1 title as a strong second half display saw them overcome a dogged Teemore to claim the victory at Brewster Park on Sunday.

There was nothing between the sides in the first half and this was reflected on the scoreboard with the sides level at 0-06 apiece at the interval.

However, Derrygonnelly’s began to get on top in the third quarter and a Johnny McGurn goal gave them a five point lead and an advantage that they never really looked like relinquishing as they pushed on to run out seven point winners at the final whistle.

The lively Ryan Maguire had opened the scoring with a point for Teemore but it was Derrygonnelly who were to shade things possession wise in the opening period of the game although they struggled to get scores on the board.

The Harps finally opened their account with a point from Colm Jones in the ninth minute while Gary McKenna then had a glimpse at goal but his low effort was deflected out for a ‘45.

McKenna did land the subsequent kick to edge Derrygonnelly in from but Teemore went down the other end and Liam Martin converted a free to level things up at 0-02 apiece.

A superb effort from Darragh Glynn put Derrygonnelly in from again but Teemore were to enjoy their best spell of the game after this as they registered the next three points.

Maguire, who was a thorn in the side for the Harps throughout, landed all three of the scores from play, including a fine effort from the right after a great ball from Martin, as Teemore opened up a two point advantage.

But Derrygonnelly hit back and answered this with three points of their own to put them into a 0-06 to 0-05 lead.

Midfielder Stephen McGullion blasted over following a strong run from Conor Hoy while Barry McGrath then clipped over two close in frees.

The last say of the half though fell to the sharp Maguire who fired over his fifth point from play in the half as he cut inside before knocking over to leave it 0-06 each at the break.

As they did in the first half, Teemore grabbed the first score of the second through an excellent point from Mark Donohoe but Derrygonnelly hit back and scores from the increasingly influential McKenna and Colm Jones got the Harps noses back in front.

Teemore once again found an equaliser through a Liam Martin free but a more athletic Harps outfit started to get on top and McKenna and Colm Jones again added points as they moved two clear, 0-10 to 0-08, before McGurn swooped for the only goal of the game.

The full forward controlled the ball on the ground before lashing a low drive to the corner of the net soccer style as Derrygonnelly moved into a 1-10 to 0-08 lead.

Indeed, McGurn was close to a second soon after when he cut in from the right and unleashed a fierce strike that flew narrowly past the post.

In fairness to Teemore, they continued to battle away and Martin knocked over two frees although on each occasion Lee Jones answered with a point for the Harps while Hoy then tagged on a point as Derrygonnelly moved into a 1-13 to 0-10 lead.

A Colm McNally point from a free reduced the gap to five points with six minutes to go but Aidan McKenna and Gary McKenna slotted over points for the Harps to push the gap out to seven.

The Shamrocks had a late chance for goal when Maguire was put through but he was thwarted by Derrygonnelly goalkeeper Jack Kelly as the Harps ran out 1-15 to 0-11 victors.