Derrygonnelly manager Martin Greene has full faith that his side can make their mark in the Ulster Club arena this year.
‘Archie’ steered the Harps to a third successive New York Cup on Sunday when they had seven points to spare over neighbours Devenish at Brewster Park but after going out twice at the first hurdle in Ulster on the two previous occasions, he is keen to make an impression this time around.
“The first year we dabbled in it and we went out and we got hammered. We weren’t good enough, both myself tactically and the team didn’t perform. 
“Last year against Slaughtneil it was probably a moral victory, there was a kick of the ball in it with four or five minutes to go and then they pushed on. 
“This year we are looking to go and give a performance and we are looking for the win here in Brewster in three weeks time. 
“We are going to prepare hard, we want to do well and there is no reason why we can’t. We pushed the All Ireland finalists last year and there is no reason why we can’t give a good account of ourselves in Ulster this year,” said a determined Greene.
The Harps boss though was delighted to have completed three in a row of Fermanagh senior titles and he states that it is a big thing for the club.
At the final whistle it was relief to have won, if I’m honest with you. As  a club we are delighted to do the three in a row, it is big achievement. The players have pushed on year after year, we are delighted today, especially as our U16s have also won the championship. It’s a great day for the club,” he said.
Devenish had given Derrygonnelly a few problems in the opening quarter of the game but the Harps slowly got on top to go in four clear at half time. However, Greene did feel there was plenty of things they could improve on in from the first half.
“The first 15 or 20  minutes was always going to be a cagey affair. Devenish came out and hit a couple of points at the start and it put us under a bit of pressure and it took us a while to get a footing in the game. 
“However, we went on to get a few scores and hit a purple patch before half time and went in four points up. 
“We were very aware though that we had missed a lot in the first half, we had 22 shots and only converted nine so there is lots of areas that we can improve on,” he said.
Derrygonnelly went on to control things in the second half as they comfortably saw out the contest and they were not flattered by the seven point margin in the end.
“In fairness we have good players in key positions who are able to control a game.
“We are always looking for composure and thankfully we have players who show that and we also have a strong bench and it is very much a squad game as far as we would be concerned. 
“Look, we are just delighted to get over the line,” commented Greene.
The Harps boss also revealed that his players were eager to get the win for experienced goalkeeper Dermot Feely who suffered a hamstring injury in training on Friday night that ruled him out of the final.
“We lost Dermot on Friday night to an injury and the boys wanted to win the cup for him as he has been part and parcel of the club for the last 25 years. 
“People like him and Kevin Cassidy at 42 years of age are very important to the club,” he said.