St. Pat's 0-16 Tempo 1-13.

There was no shortage of controversy in this Division Two league final with consternation among the St Pats camp over the final score with the Donagh men insisting that their final total should have amounted to 17 points and not 16. 
Referee, James Lewis, however insisted midway through the second half that the teams were level when the scoreboard had Donagh ahead by a point at that stage of the game. The teams must meet again to see who will lift the Division Two league title although it is fair to say most among the two squads would have rather extra time was played and a winner decided on the day.
The game itself was one of the proverbial game of two halves. St Pat’s dominated the opening 30 minutes and were six points to the good at the break only for Tempo to enjoy much more of the play in the second period.
In that opening half, it was in the middle of the field where St Pats were to hold particular sway with their half-forward line and half-back line picking up a lot of breaks. 
Rian Daly for St Pats had a great tussle with Aidan Breen in the middle of the field and in that first half, in particular, the fact that the Donagh men were on top in the possession stakes meant the deadly Pat Cadden had plenty of the ball to do damage.
The experienced Cadden hit 10 points over the course of the hour with five coming from open play. Veterans Gary Maguire and Eamon Maguire were doing a lot of excellent work in that forward line too with Eamon hitting six points himself with half his tally also coming from open play.
For Tempo they were fortunate to go in at half time not further behind and it was an excellent goal from Lorcan McStravick, after a sweeping move involving five Tempo players, that kept them in the game. 
In fact, they were three points up after that goal only for St Pat’s to completely take over to score nine in a row to go with the two points they scored to open up proceedings.
In the second half things were to change around considerably and Damian Kelly and Breen started to come more into the game and they were to feature heavily in the scoring stakes.
St Pat’s kept clipping away through Cadden, Maguire and Ryan Kelly at the far end but when they had thought they had registered three points in that second half referee Lewis intervened to reduce that to two points.
Tempo meanwhile kept coming and the deficit was getting narrower as the clock ticked down. 
Neil Rodgers was among the Maguires to split the posts in this period and they were just a point down as the game entered its final moments.
McStravick showed his quick thinking to play in Niall McElroy from a short free and he made no mistake to tie things up and force a replay.
Both teams are already promoted to division one but they will have to dust the boots off once more this season as they look to end the season with some silverware.
For St Pat’s Johnny Reilly and Pat Grue were impressive in defence with Daly in the middle of the field and Cadden and Eamon Maguire in attack others to catch the eye. Tempo meanwhile had a steady performance throughout from Ryan Breen with Aidan Breen producing an excellent second-half display.