Derrygonnelly 2-16 Ederney 0-10

Derrygonnelly cruised to a fourth successive Fermanagh Senior Football Championship title as they produced a dominant display to see off the challenge of Ederney at Brewster Park today.

A Ryan Jones goal helped the Harps to a three point half time lead and there was no way back for Ederney when Paul Ward slotted home a second Derrygonnelly goal in the 39th minute.

The Harps were in complete control throughout the second half with Ryan Jones, Garvan Jones, Declan Cassidy and Paul Ward all prominent and in the end they ran out commanding 12 point victors. 

Ederney had made a bright start to the game with Mark McCauley rattling over two frees to give the St. Joseph's outfit an early advantage.

Derrygonnelly's opening point of the tie arrived in the sixth minute through Ward but Ederney restored their two point lead as Marty McGrath banged over a score from distance to make it 0-3 to 0-1.

Derrygonnelly though began to get on top with Ryan Jones and Garvan Jones giving them a solid platform in the middle third and Garvan Jones landed a point from play and a point from a free to level things at 0-3 apiece.

Aaron Dennison edged Ederney back ahead midway through the first half but this was the last time that Mickey Cassidy's side lead in the game as Derrygonnelly went down the other end for Garvan Jones to level from a free before they then swooped for the first goal of the encounter.

The Harps were getting joy down the right and the goal was worked down this side as Neil Gallagher fed Declan Cassidy who in turn played in Ryan Jones and he cut in before getting a shot in at goal. Although the ball was blocked it had crossed the line and it put Derrygonnelly into a 1-4 to 0-4 lead. 

Gary McKenna then quickly followed up with a point from play as Derrygonnelly pushed into a four point lead.

McCauley kicked his third free of the contest to leave the goal separating the side but Neil Gallagher and a Garvan Jones free made it double scores, 1-7 to 0-5, by the 28th minute.

Ederney did finish the half with a free from McCauley and a point from Chris Snow but at the break, Derrygonnelly held a 1-7 to 0-7 lead.

Ryan Jones and Marty McGrath traded points early in the second half but when Ward outfielded Finbarr Gillen to a well placed quick free by Declan Cassidy and fired to the net it put six points between the sides.

Ryan Jones, Ward (2) and Conall Jones added on points to put the game well beyond Ederney'sreach as they made it 2-12 to 0-8 moving into the final quarter.

And the scores continued to flow with Conall Jones (2), McKenna and Garvan Jones slotting over points.

Ederney did hit two late points through Conor Magee and Dennison but these were just consolation scores as Derrygonnelly finished up convincing winners.

With the Fermanagh title in the bag the Harps will now be able to switch their focus to Ulster and a meeting with the Monaghan champions.