Enniskillen Rangers 1 Willowbank 1

(Willowbank won 4-2 on penalties)

Enniskillen Rangers bid for a fourth successive Irish Junior Cup victory ended in penalty shoot out heartbreak at Shamrock Park tonight.

The sides were locked together at 1-1 at the end of normal time and with neither side able to find a winner in extra time it came down to the dreaded penalty shoot out to decide the outcome.

And with Willowbank scoring their opening four efforts and Neil Coulter and Richard Johnston missing for Rangers it was the Belfast side who lifted the cup.

Willowbank were the better side in the first half, their movement giving Rangers trouble while they never let the Fermanagh side have any time on the ball.

It was Michael Kerr's side though who had the best chance when Jason Keenan latched on to a mistake at the back but his effort was saved by Ciaran Kelly.

However, Willowbank were to take the lead in added on time at the end the first half as Kerr was adjudged to have fouled Winchester and captain Eamon Hughes stepped up to thump home the spot kick.

And it could have got worse for 'Gers early in the second half but Devine's attempt crashed off the crossbar.

Rangers though finally began to get a footing in the game and Keenan should have levelled when he was put in one on one but although he beat Kelly the ball came back off the post.

The equaliser though did arrive with 12 minutes to go when Christopher Currie skipped into the box on the left and picked out Keenan and a combination of him and lively substitute Stuart Rainey forced the ball over the line to make it 1-1.

At this stage the momentum was with the 'Gers but they were then reduced to ten men when Kerr was shown a straight red card for challenge on Gill.

Rangers dug deep after this and held on to send the game to extra time.

There was no real chances during the additional period but it was Willowbank who kept their composure during the shoot out with Johnston's effort saved as the Belfast side claimed the title for the first time.