Ederney 2-16 Teemore 3-07


Ederney set up a repeat of the 2018 SFC Final as they saw off a dogged Teemore side to progress to a meeting with Derrygonnelly in two week's time.

Ederney had started the game well as they rattled off the opening three points of the game through Ryan Morris, Paul McCusker and Sean Cassidy but they were rocked back when Teemore full forward Barry Owens got on the end of a diagonal ball to palm to the net.

The St. Joseph's side were looking sharp in attack and they quickly reasserted themselves on the contest to carve open a 0-09 to 1-02 lead with Cassidy, Mark McCauley and Morris all on target but again Owens was at the heart of things as Teemore grabbed a second goal.

Owens won possession and he was adjudged to have been fouled with Eoin McManus emphatically dispatching from the spot to make it 0-09 to 2-02.

Cassidy did reply with a point for Ederney but two Ryan Maguire points for Teemore had the sides level at the interval, 0-10 to 2-04.

Indeed, Teemore edged ahead early in the second half through a well struck McManus 45 but the game swung decisively in Ederney's favour over the next ten minutes as they swooped for two goals.

Casssidy palmed in the first after Morris and Paul McCusker had linked up and McCauley then netted the second, racing in from the right before planting a low shot to the back of the net to make it 2-11 to 2-05.

Teemore's hopes were further hit when they lost Aaron McManus to a straight red card although the Shamrocks did register the next two points from Eoin McManus frees to leave four in it.

Ederney though rattled off the next three points from Morris, McCauley and Luke Harron to move seven clear moving into added on time.

Teemore refused to throw the towel in however and they bagged a third goal as an attempted clearance rebounded off Hugh Brady and into the net.

There wasto be no further panic though for Ederney and they saw out the remainder of the contest with points from Conor McGee and Paul McCusker to seal a 2-16 to 3-07 victory.