SIX Fermanagh Ulsterbus drivers took time out of their personal holidays to drive 4,000 miles and deliver aid to deprived children in Romania.

Martin Teague, Martin Maguire, Clive Smith, Billy Millar, Peter Moynagh and Paddy Treacy returned home last Saturday after travelling by ferry and lorry to two Daniell centres in Romania. They dropped off food, clothing, toiletries and medical supplies such as vitamins, wheelchairs and ointments.

Martin Teague, one of the six drivers, says that only 20 per cent of the population would live in conditions that we take for granted; the remaining 80 per cent live in poverty.

The drivers have been planning this trip since Christmas and advertised for donations from the local community, and they received tremendous support.