The death occurred of David Henry (Harry) Weir, 88, on January 31, 2019. Harry passed away peacefully in the loving care of the Graan Abbey Care Home.

Harry is survived by his daughter Lynne, Son-in-law Terry Kennedy; Nephew Kenneth, wife Betty; Niece Valerie; and great nephews, Kyle, Glen, Adam, Ian and Joe.

Harry was predeceased by his wife Lily in August 1993- just months after he had retired.

Harry was born on May 23, 1930, in Kilskeery to parents Thomas Weir and Georgina (nee Love).

His father was a gardener on the Castle Archdale Estate.

Harry and his younger brother Gordon grew up on the estate.

They lived there and would have witnessed the Seaplanes based on Lough Erne during the war years as young teenagers.

One of the planes “buzzed” Harry on the Avenue, scaring him to bits. A sight he never forgot.

In later years the family moved to Sydare, near Ballinamallard. Harry met Lily Elliott from Ballinamallard when she was attending Enniskillen Technical College “The Tech”and they married on June 22, 1959. They had one daughter Lynne – a Chartered Physiotherapist, living and working in Dublin.

Harry was immensely proud of Lynne working in a Sports Injury Clinic and later in Private Practice in Baldoyle, Dublin. Harry enjoyed many visits to Lynne in Dublin and getting the Dart into Dublin for meetings in Molesworth Street.

Harry was a keen Boy Scout and later Badge Secretary for Fermanagh. He was a keen photographer and worked as a volunteer for the Fire Service for many years.

Harry worked in Taylor Woods, County Cars and then formed Wilson, Lendrum Weir, Car Parts Company in 1973 with Dessie Wilson and Mervyn Lendrum.

He was 20 years in business until he retired in 1993. He was good with numbers – not needing a calculator to work out discount for customers.

He lived for 43 years in Drumlin Heights where he had a close relationship with all his neighbours.

Harry was passionately involved in the Masonic Order and held many prestigious positions in various Lodges.

He was held in the highest regard by his brethren in the many Lodges as evidenced by their Guard of Honour at his funeral at St. Macartin's Cathedral, Enniskillen. He would have been humbled by their respect and deeply honoured at the gesture.

He would also have appreciated the efforts of Rev. K.J.W. Hall to ensure his funeral service was a tribute to a much-loved man who will be sorely missed by all those he met.

Harry was a familiar face around Enniskillen who always had time to stop and chat to everyone. He still had many visitors when he moved to the care of the Graan Abbey Care Home for the last two years of his life, where he had excellent care until he passed away on the last day of January.