Lisbellaw United 2 Mountjoy United 2.

Lisbellaw led twice against Mountjoy, but were pegged back on both occasions as the away side snatched a point from their meeting at Drumad on Saturday. 
Goals from Ivan Carson and Gareth Carrothers looked like they may earn Lisbellaw a victory but Mountjoy struck back twice through the in-form John Edgar to snatch a share of the spoils. 
The game though was marred by a late injury to Glen McCleery, who broke his leg as the game entered injury time.
Lisbellaw’s Jimmy McGrath admitted that his team were not at their best. 
“We are struggling for goals at the minute,” he acknowledged. 
“We played well in patches and they played well in patches. When we got the second goal I thought we would go on from there, but they came back. 
“We have Strathroy away next and then a tough run right through until Christmas. We have a tough draw in the Junior away to Woodvale and we have Tummery, Killen and Kesh so it’s not going to be easy.”
Mountjoy were happy to take a point from the title challengers but manager David Gilfillan thought they might have sneaked a win.
 “It was probably our first error free performance of the season,” he said. 
“We didn’t gift them any goals and they had to work for them. We were probably a wee bit unlucky not to get more but you will always take a point away to Lisbellaw. 
“I am happy with how we are playing, we are playing Lisnaskea this Saturday and hopefully we can turn that into three points which will give us a bit more breathing space.”
Lisbellaw started well and Ryan O’Keefe had an early shot blocked, but Mountjoy’s Lee Frazer was the first to find the net, although his strike was ruled out for offside. 
Twenty five minutes into the game Lisbellaw got ahead when O’Keefe crossed from the by-line and Ivan Carson headed in at the back post from close range.
The lead only lasted ten minutes however before Mountjoy levelled. 
Sean Keenan attempted to clear the ball for Lisbellaw but his effort struck his own defender and fell kindly for Edgar who found the bottom corner.
Lisbellaw came out for the second half determined to re-establish a lead and after some early pressure were rewarded when the Mountjoy keeper failed to clear a high ball and Gareth Carrothers blasted in. 
On the hour mark the game was all square again when a Stephen Montgomery pass into the box was met on the half volley by Edgar.
Both sides had an opportunity to win the game in the closing minutes. 
Niall Cassidy hit the bar with a header from a Glen McCleery header, and at the other end Mountjoy’s Gregory Dickson hit the underside of the crossbar.
As the game entered injury time McCleery suffered a horrible injury. 
He was on the receiving end of a tackle that earned the defender a yellow card and left him with a fractured leg as the game finished with the sides having to settle for a point apiece.