NFC Kesh 1 Strathroy Harps 2.

Kesh’s winning run came to an end on Saturday with a controversial defeat against Strathroy Harps. 
Damian Teague had put Strathroy ahead before Lee Walker levelled the match, but a disputed penalty kick was to prove decisive, with the two manager’s views split on whether the spot kick should have been awarded.
“I thought it was very dubious,” said Kesh boss Nicky Noble. 
“He was coming between two players and he started to go down a good three yards outside the box. Nobody was really touching him. He kept going down and eventually fell in the box. I didn’t see any real contact to be honest. I wouldn’t have given it, but it’s one of those things and we just have to get on with it.”
In contrast, Harps’ manager Shane Horisk believed the referee made the correct call.
 “It was a clear cut penalty for me. Caolan McCrossan came in from the left wing and was fouled outside the box and inside the box again.”
Kesh came into the game having lost just one of their seven league games and Noble thought they had done enough to continue that run against title challenging Harps. “We should have got something out of the game,” he said. “We matched them all over the pitch. It was a very good game of football between two good teams and I thought we deserved a point out of the game. 
“The lads played very well and they worked very hard. It was disappointing for them not to get something out of it after working so hard. I have seen them play worse and get a victory.”
Strathroy were looking to bounce back to winning ways after defeat the previous weekend, and Horisk was happy with their reaction. 
“I had asked the players for a response off the back of the Tummery defeat, and I got what I asked for and a wee bit more actually,” he said. 
“I thought over the whole game we bossed it in possession for large spells and took our chances when they came. We let them back into the game with a goal of our own doing but the boys showed good character to dig in and go for the next goal again. 
“I felt that the next goal was going to win it. We kept pressing and I thought it was coming. I was happy with the three points, and it is all building nicely towards Lisbellaw on Saturday.”
In a goalless first half Harps had the better chances but Tommy Murphy and Kevin Sloane could not find the net when well placed. 
Kesh had a few half chances, but two Grant Ellis headers from corners went over the bar.
In the second half, Kesh thought they had taken the lead, only for Lee Walker’s goal to be ruled out for offside. Moments later Harps scored the first of the game when Nugent held off two challenges before releasing Caolan McCrossan. His cross was controlled at the far post by Darren Teague who then dispatched it into the bottom corner of the net.
Kesh fought back and equalised through Walker when he capitalised on a short back pass to round the keeper, but the goal was in vain as the late penalty decided the outcome of the points.