St. Michael's 2-03 St. Patrick's Maghera 0-08.

St. Michael’s progressed though to the final of the Rannafast Cup with a one point win over St. Pat’s, Maghera in a low scoring encounter on Wednesday.
In a drama-laden conclusion to the contest, St. Michael’s looked to be on their way out of the competition when they trailed by three points with ten minutes to go but Josh Largo Ellis fired them level with a goal. 
Maghera responded with two points but with full time approaching Eimhin Curran bagged a second goal to secure a place in the final.
St. Michael’s had the advantage of the breeze in the first half as they went in with a slender 0-03 to 0-02 lead at the break. Darragh McBrien notched two of the points for the Enniskillen side while Luca McCusker slotted over the other.
The game though appeared to be going away from the Fermanagh side as Maghera rattled over the opening four points in the second half to move three clear.
Largo Ellis’ goal seemed to give St. Michael’s hope but when Maghera knocked over the next two points the Derry side appeared to be set for victory.
However, St. Michael’s kept going and Eimhin Curran netted after an interception to put them one ahead with time up.
There was to be one final twist though when a Maghera forward went through one on one but he shaved the outside of the post as St. Michael’s progressed to the final.
St. Michael’s had booked their place in the semi-finals of the competition with victory in a high scoring encounter against St. Patrick’s Dungannon last Thursday by 3-19 to 4-10.
Having topped their group, St. Michael’s went into their last eight encounter in a confident frame of mind before eventually running out 3-19 to 4-10 winners.
The Enniskillen team had started the game the brighter as they landed the first four points of the contest with Darragh McBrien, Eimhin Curran and Micheal Glynn among the points in the early stages but Dungannon hit back with a converted penalty to close the gap back to one.
St. Michael’s though responded well to this set back as they moved into a 2-06 to 1-01 lead. McBrien bagged the first goal when he rounded off a good move with a clinical finish and Curran added the second with a close range strike.
However, Dungannon finished the half stronger and two more goals for the Tyrone side helped them close the deficit back to four by the interval.
Against the breeze, the Fermanagh school made a good start to the second half with Glynn and McBrien knocking over points as they moved into an eight point advantage.
 A  fourth goal for Dungannon though moved them to within two points of St. Michael’s with five minutes left to play but a third goal for St. Michael’s proved decisive. Oisin Jackson’s attempt at a point dropped to Josh Largo Ellis and he tucked the ball to the net to put five between them and Glynn then added the final score as St. Michael’s won.