Lisbellaw United 3 Lisnaskea Rovers 2

Lisbellaw United came from behind to claim all three points from their meeting with Lisnaskea Rovers at the Lakeland Forum on Saturday.
Two goals by youngster Hayden Lynch had put Rovers into a 2-1 lead after half time but the ‘Law hit back with Stuart Cochrane equalising before Paul McGrath’s deflected effort sealed the win.
“It was a good battling performance, especially after we went behind,” said Lisbellaw assistant manager James McGrath. “We’re just glad to get the three points on the board and get back to winning ways after the loss in the Junior Cup last week.”
For Lisnaskea boss George Elliott there was an improvement on last week’s display but he stresses that they have to stop conceding soft goals if they are to get themselves off the foot of the table.
“I thought we played quite well and I can’t fault the effort of the boys. We played some good football at times which is what we are trying to do but we need to cut out the silly mistakes. There is a lesson to be learnt and that is that we have to stop giving away soft goals,” he stated.
Rovers had a couple of early chances to get their noses in front but Lynch lofted one over the bar and was also denied by goalkeeper James McGrath.
However, with 20 minutes gone it was Lisbellaw who were to take the lead as a mix up in the Rovers rearguard allowed Paul McGrath in to slot home for 1-0.
Lisnaskea though responded well to going behind and they were soon back on level terms as Adam McKenna’s cross was swept home by Lynch to leave it 1-1 at the break.
And bottom of the table Rovers may well have felt that they were on their way to the three points when they took the lead. Lisbellaw were adamant that they was a foul on centre half Cochrane as he took the ball out of defence but play was allowed to continue and the influential Jason Flanagan slid in Lynch who took a touch before firing in off the post.
Back though came Lisbellaw as they levelled up proceedings midway through the second half as Cochrane got on the scoresheet when he chested the ball home from a corner to make it 2-2.
Andy Little then went close to putting Lisbellaw ahead, the striker firing wide, before they did bag a winner.
Left back Jamie Coalter’s cross was flicked on by McGrath and it deflected into the back of the net off a defender to secure all three points for Andy Reilly’s charges.