Westmeath 0-14 Fermanagh 1-09

Fermanagh suffered their first defeat of the campaign as they were on the end of a Westmeath comeback as the home side came from five points down at half to snatch victory at the death in Mullingar.
Fermanagh looked to be in control of things at the break as they led 0-07 to 0-02 and although Westmeath rallied, an Eamon Maguire goal with 11 minutes to go had Rory Gallagher's side four ahead.
However, Westmeath hit back and with John Heslin in fine form they hit back to level before two injury time points from Luke Loughlin and John Connellan sealed the win for the home side.
Fermanagh enjoyed the better of the exchanges in the first half as they went in at the break with a five point advantage.
It was the home side who were to open the scoring through a Tommy McDaniel point from play but Fermanagh soon settled to the task as they rattled over the next five points to claim a 0-05 to 0-01 lead by the 21st minute.
Ciaran Corrigan opened the Fermanagh account before Seamie Quigley drilled over a free.
Aidan Breen then blasted over as Fermanagh sliced open the home side's defence and when Quigley powered over two long range frees it put Fermanagh into a four point lead.
A John Heslin point from a free saw Westmeath score their first point in 23 minutes but Fermanagh were to notch the final two points of the half through Barry Mulrone and Quigley with his first from play to leave it 0-07 to 0-02 at the interval.
Westmeath though started the second half on the front foot, the switch of Heslin to full forward reap rewards for the home outfit.
Ger Egan and Loughlin both clipped over points before Fermanagh got their first score of the half through a close in Quigley free.
Two Heslin points, one from play and one from a free, trimmed the deficit back to two points although another Quigley free edged Fermanagh into a 0-09 to 0-06 advantage.
The momentum was with Westmeath though and Heslin and James Dolan both landed super points to make it a one point game.
However, Fermanagh would have hoped to have taken the sting out of Westmeath when Maguire tucked the ball to the net after a neat move but Westmeath replied straight away and Cian McManus was red carded, picking up a black card having already been booked, after fouling Ger Egan.
Heslin slotted over the subsequent free and when O'Toole drilled over, Westmeath sensed that they could get something out of the game with five minutes to go.Heslin then kicked two frees to level up proceedings, 1-09 to 0-12 before Loughlin fired over after Thomas Treacy gave away possession.
And Connellan then sealed the win for the home side as they finished up 0-14 to 1-09 victors.