Enniskillen Town 6 Ardmore 3

Enniskillen Town set up a clash with Ballinamallard Reserves in the next round of the fonaCAB Junior Cup following Saturday’s resounding 6-3 victory over Ardmore at the Lakeland Forum.

Conall Quinn and Seamie Quigley booth bagged a brace while Sarto Quigley and Frank Wallace also chipped in with goals as Rory Judge’s side progressed to round three of the competition.

Judge felt that it took his side time to settle into the game but after they had grabbed their first goal of the game they were always in control.

“It was a game that we were worried about in the lead up as they had won a treble last year and then they took an early lead. However, after we got our first goal we settled and we went on to play some good football. That was the strongest team we have had out this year and it told,” he stated.

And Judge is now looking forward to the challenge of an away game against the Mallards which will take place on Saturday November 24.

“We played them in pre-season and they beat us, albeit with what will probably be a much changed side to the one that we put out this time around. What we know though is that they will be a good footballing side and it will be two teams who will try to get the ball down and play. It has been a long time now since we have played them in a competitive game and it is one that we will look forward to,” he added.

The focus for Judge though switches back to the league for the next few weeks and he is looking to bounce back after defeat to Dergview in their last league outing.

“We are at home to Strule this week and we will be looking to pick up the points. It will be good to now get a run of games in the league over the next few weeks and we will see where that takes us,” stated the Town boss.

On Saturday, it was the visitors Ardmore who made the more purposeful start to the contest and with eight minutes on the clock they opened the scoring from the spot.

Town on the other hand struggled to make an impact in the opening stages but they did begin to settle to the task as the half wore on and ten minutes before half time they were back on level terms.

Great work by Frank Wallace saw him force a fine save out of the Ardmore goalkeeper but the rebound fell to Sarto Quigley and he made no mistake in tucking the ball home for 1-1.

From that point, Town began to take a grip on proceedings and on the stroke of half time they took the lead as Quinn netted his first goal of the day.

A neat build up involving Sarto Quigley and Wallace saw the ball worked to Quinn who produced a composed finish from ten yards to put the home side 2-1 ahead at the break.

And Town went on to control tie in the second half with Quinn slotting home his second to put them into a 3-1 lead. A scramble in the box saw the ball break to him and he made no mistakes in finding the back of the net.

It was all the home side at this stage and Seamie Quigley hit number four as he beat the offside trap before rounding the goalkeeper and slotting the ball past the defender on the line.

Seamie Quigley added his second when he hammered home from the edge of the box after being teed up by Stephen Clarke to make it 5-1 although Ardmore did respond with their second of the game to make it 5-2.

Town weren’t finished yet either and Wallace got a deserved goal to cap a good performance as he tucked the ball away at the back post.

Ardmore did net a third late on but this was only a consolation strike as Town finished up 6-3 winners.