St Michael's 0-13 St Patrick's Maghera 2-06

St Michael's booked their place in this year's MacRory Cup final with a one point victory over St Pat's Maghera in Loughmacrory today.

Dom Corrigan's charges found themselves four points down nine minutes into the second half after conceding a sloppy goal but they went on to dominate matters, hitting six points on the bounce to go two ahead with four minutes to go.

Maghera did close the gap back to a single point in an exciting conclusion while it required a wonderful block by St Michael's full back Garrett Cavanagh in added in time to ensure that the Enniskillen school progressed.

St Michael's made a bright start to the contest as Conor Love and Caolan Duffy landed early points but they were rocked back when Alex Doherty fired a quick free kick to the net.

Indeed, with Doherty among the points, Maghera moved into a three point advantage while St Michael's goalkeeper Sean McNally pulled off a good save to deny Eunan Mulholland.

However, it was St Michael's who finished the half the stronger and two points from frees from Micheal Glynn and a point from play by Love left it a one point game at half time, 1-04 to 0-06.

Glynn levelled things on the restart with a free but Doherty answered with a point from play before Mulholland poked to the net to put Maghera four ahead, 2-05 to 0-07.

However, driven on by captain Brandon Horan and midfield partner Joe McDade St Michael's began to take control.

Glynn and Darragh McBrien, who was a growing influence on proceedings as the second half progressed, knocked over two frees before lively substitute Garvan Quigley  levelled up the contest at 0-11 to 2-05.

The momentum at this stage was all with St Michael's and Glynn converted a free after a foul on McBrien before McBrien then added a terrific point from play to put two in with 56 minutes played.

There was a tense finish as Conleth McGuckian reduced the deficit to a point before Cavanagh produced his superb block as St Michael's saw the game to deservedly seal their place in the March 18 final.