Enniskillen Rangers 5 Colin Valley II 0

A hat-trick of Eoin McManus penalties fired title holders for the last three years, Enniskillen Rangers into the second round of the FonaCab Irish Junior cup following a facile 5-0 win over south Belfast side Colin Valley.

In truth the margin of victory could have been greater had Rangers taken all their chances while the visitors rarely threatened but player manager Michael Kerr will just be delighted to be in last night's draw and to get another campaign underway.

Kerr explained: "Listen we approach the Junior Cup as we always do, taking it one game at a time. It is a long competition, eight games if you want to win it so there is no point looking too far ahead. It's good to be in the draw and it would be nice to get another home draw."

He added: "It was probably a hard game to judge on Saturday, they weren't the worst side and tried hard but it was good to get a few goals, keep a clean sheet and we did not pick up any injuries. I think the game showed we have good strength in depth, being able to bring on the likes of Nathan Khan and Cripper Currie while Jason (Keenan), Conor (Watson) and Stuart (Rainey) did not play."

Rangers started on the front foot and never really looked back.

Jake Browne crashed an early shot off the bar and Mark Cutler had a couple of opportunities before Rangers took the lead.

Matthew Chambers broke forward from the back and was fouled in the box after which McManus, who returned to the club this year, fired home for 12 yards for 1-0.

Rangers doubled their advantage at the end of the first quarter when player manager Kerr fired home a well struck half volley from the edge of box.

The game was pretty much sealed before half time when Ciaran Brough broke through and slotted the ball past the keeper with Colin Valley defender Michael Lagan unable to keep the ball out.

On the restart, Kerr rang the changes with Khan and Currie coming on with the latter going close as he broke in down the left but Valley keeper Sean Diamond was out well to save Currie's attempted chip.

McManus won a second penalty when he rounded the keeper and was clipped with Valley defender Martin Shortt receiving a second yellow and a red card.

The penalties were not finished either as Rangers received their third when Currie was tackled from behind as he shot from inside the box, and McManus finished this scoring with an unstoppable effort into the top right hand corner to complete his hat-trick of penalties.

Colin Valley tried hard throughout but lacked a cutting edge up top with Rangers keeper Gareth Barbour making one good save to deny Padraig Conlon.

Next up Rangers is a local derby against Enniskillen Town as the two teams with 100 per cent records in the league go head to head.

It is a game Michael Kerr and his squad are looking forward to.

"Town have signed a few players back and they are putting a big push into winning a trophy in their 50th year. Both teams have won their games so far, so something will have to give. I've told the boys to enjoy the build up and the game itself, these are the games you play for so we are going to embrace it and hopefully get a positive result."