Fermanagh 0-13 Roscommon 0-12


Fermanagh produced a superb second half comeback as they came from six points down to seal their first league points of the season with victory over Roscommon at Brewster Park today.

The visitors had largely controlled matters in the first half to go in at the break with a 0-09 to 0-03 advantage.

But Ryan McMenamin's side showed much greater intent in the second half to claw their way back and a Ciaran Corrigan point four minutes into added on time secured the victory for the home side.

This outcome did not look likely though after the opening 35 minutes when Fermanagh stood off the Rossies whose measured and patient approach paid off as they opened up an advantage.

Roscommon rattled over the opening five points of the contest with Cian McKeon converting three frees and Donie Smith also landing a free while Niall Kilroy and Brian Stack fired over from play.

Ther Ernemen enjoyed their most productive spell of the half after this as Eoin Donnelly, Aidan Breen and Corrigan knocked over points to bring them back to within two points. However, the Rossies finished the half the stronger and four points in a row for Anthony Cunningam side's had them in the drivig seat. 

Evan McGrath and Kilroy notched points from play while McKeon and Smith tagged on frees to leave it 0-09 to 0-03 at the interval.

Fermanagh played with a greater intensity from the outset in the second half and two points from Conall Jones, one a free and one from play, cut the gap to four.

McKeon answered with his fourth point of the day but the momentum was starting to swing Fermanagh's way with Eoin Donnelly, Ryan Jones, Conall Jones and Corrigan all to the fore.

Corrigan accounted for his second point and Conall Jones then hit three in a row, including a point from play, to bring McMenamin's charges to within one.

And when Donnelly and Declan McCusker combined to tee up Ultan Kelm it left the sides level at 0-10 apiece with ten minutes to go.

A terrific Conall Jones point from an acute angle then edged Fermanagh ahead but Roscommon responded and Finbar Cregg and a McKeon free put them back in front in the 69th minute.

With the home crowd roaring them on though Fermanagh were not to be denied. Ryan Jones drilled over a fine point from play to tie up proceedings in the 73rd minute and this was followed by the winner.

Substitute Danny Teague did well to turn over possession and he quickly moved the ball forward to club-mate Corrigan who fired over to complete a brilliant second half display by Fermanagh.