BELCOO and Maguiresbridge will have to do it all over again this Sunday after their Intermediate Championship semi-final in Brewster Park on Sunday finished in a draw.

Maguiresbridge had looked to be in the driving seat as they landed the first three points of the second half to move into a five-point lead.

However, momentum swung the way of Belcoo over the next ten minutes as they turned that deficit into a three-point advantage, with James McGrath converting a penalty and Paul McGrath seeing his attempt at a point fumbled into the net.

But just when it looked as if the game was slipping away, Maguiresbridge produced an instant response to Belcoo’s second goal as they went down the other end and Ciaran Corrigan’s shot at goal was deflected into the net.

The sides then traded points in the closing stages but they could not be separated at the final whistle, leaving a replay to decide which of them will progress to a meeting with Enniskillen in the final.

Although they had been in a strong position early in the second half, Maguiresbridge manager David Teague is happy to have another day out.

“The immediate thought after the match was that we should have won it, but then looking back and having watched it, we are just happy to be still in it.

“The finish was frantic end-to-end stuff, so we’re just happy to have another crack at it,” said Teague.

“On another day, we would have been further ahead but Belcoo had a surge for 15 minutes when they were all over us.

“We stuck at it, even when we went three points down, and the immediate response to them going three points up, we were very happy with.

“We feel we got a lot right on Sunday but at the same time we have a lot to work on and improve on for the next day.

“I think our decision-making has to be a bit better and, if it is, then we will be there or thereabouts next week,” he added.

Teague is expecting another tight contest this Sunday in Kinawley.

He added: “They are two very evenly matched teams and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was near a draw at the end of 60 minutes again.”

Belcoo boss Shane McCabe was also relieved to get a second chance.

“We’re glad to have a second bite of the cherry. We showed good resilience to get back into it, but Maguiresbridge were probably the better team on the day.

“Hopefully though, we can put on a better performance the next day and we are delighted to have another go at it.”

McCabe stressed that his side need to make more of the periods when they are on top if they are to win on Sunday.

“When we had a purple patch, we could have went three or four ahead but we didn’t take our chances, and we will need to convert them and it is something we will work on,” he said.

Maguiresbridge started much the brighter of the sides and with Ciaran Corrigan, Luca McCusker and Mark Gavin all on target, they opened up a 0-03 to 0-01 lead by the tenth minute, with the Belcoo point arrving from Paul McGrath.

However, Maguiresbridge should have pushed further ahead but Ciaran Corrigan, Sean Corrigan and Matthew Teague all missed chances.

A more economical Belcoo hit back to level as Matthew McAloon and Brian Cox tagged on points for the O’Rahillys.

The ’Bridge responded though with three points on the bounce from Sean Corrigan and two McCusker frees, although McAloon kept Belcoo in touch with a converted free.

Matthew Teague and Seimi Rafferty traded points to keep the gap at two, but Maguiresbridge went on to push four clear as Dwayne Rice landed a point from play and Teague slotted over a free to make it 0-09 to 0-05.

Two points deep into added on time at the end of the half, though, from Ciarán Flaherty and a Paul McGrath free for Belcoo, had the lead cut back to two by the break.

It was Teague’s side, however, who looked as if they were set to take control on proceedings as they rattled off the opening three points of the second half to move into a five-point advantage.

Danny Teague stepped forward from defence to fire over a terrific point, and this was followed by scores from Matthew Teague and a McCusker free.

At this point Belcoo looked in big trouble, but they were right back in it in the 39th minute as Paul McGrath was pulled back as he raced in on goal and from the resultant penalty, Belcoo goalkeeper James McGrath drilled to the corner, giving his opposite number James Hughes no chance.

The goal breathed life into the O’Rahillys challenge and with Rafferty and Paul McGrath tagging on points, the sides were back on level terms by the end of the third quarter.

Belcoo had chances to edge ahead but didn’t take them as they dominated matters.

However, it appeared that it might just be their day when an advanced mark by Paul McGrath dropped short, but Hughes spilled the ball over the line as Belcoo moved into a 2-09 to 0-12 lead.

Their joy though was shortlived as Maguiresbridge swept down the other end and Ciaran Corrigan’s shot was deflected into the net to level things up with 11 minutes to go.

It was tit-for-tat then over the remainder of the contest as Belcoo twice nudged ahead through Niall Cullen and a McGrath free, only for Maguiresbridge to reply on each occasion through a McCusker free and Ciaran Corrigan from play.

Both sides then had opportunities in added on time, but neither were able to find the winner as they had to settle for a draw and the chance to do it all over again this Sunday.