Enniskillen Town joint Manager Rory Judge was delighted with his side’s 4-1 victory over neighbours, Enniskillen Rangers, on Saturday as they maintained their push at the top of the Mercer League table.

Goals from Cathal Beacom and Daren Freeman helped Town into a 2-0 lead before the ’Gers were handed a lifeline when Jason Keenan slotted home before half time.

However, a Conall Quinn double in the second half sealed a deserved three points for the home side.

“We knew it was going to be a tough test, and it was not going to be easy, but we were very pleased with the performance,” said Judge.

“Four goals was maybe harsh on Rangers, but other than the goal, I didn’t think that Doc had an awful lot to do in our goal.

“Look, Rangers probably weren’t as good as they normally are, but I also think that we have to give credit to to the way we played.

“When you look at the game over the 90 minutes, we deserved our win, and it was a pleasing display.

“We can’t ask for any more than we have got – that’s four wins out of four; we’re scoring goals and by and large keeping them out.”

The goal just before half time did leave it tight, going into the second half, but Judge was happy with the way his side contained their opponents.

“We were happy enough for them to have the ball knowing that they would find it hard to get in behind us, and that’s the way it worked out,” he said.

Rangers boss Michael Kerr admitted that his side were not at their best and held his own hand up for his part in the defeat.

“We were disappointed to lose the game but we didn’t play well. It would be easy for me to lay the finger of blame on the players, but I have to take responsibility and say that there were things that I got wrong on the day.

“We know that some players didn’t play to their potential, but they still put in the effort and some days it just goes like that, and we can’t beat ourselves up too much about it.

“Nobody wants to lose a derby, but at the end of the day it is only one defeat and it is still very early days in the league,” he commented.

Kerr did feel that having pulled a goal back just before the break, that Rangers would push on in the second half, but that never materialised.

“That is one of the biggest disappointments for me. We got the goal just before half time to get back in the game, but we were flat in the second half and didn’t work their goalkeeper,” he said.