Orchard Farm 1 Enniskillen Galaxy 1

ORCHARD Farm and Enniskillen Galaxy both kept their Division Two unbeaten records intact as the pair shared the points on Saturday.

League leaders Orchard Farm took the lead in the second half through a Sean Quigley header, but a Galaxy equaliser 15 minutes from time from a Michael Dooris penalty secured a draw.

Galaxy Manager Gavin Connolly felt a draw was the least his side deserved for their performance against a side that boasted a perfect winning record before kick-off.

“We were definitely the better side for long periods of the game,” he said.

“In the first half, we were all over them. They hadn’t a sniff, but with that long ball they always pose a threat.

“They play a very direct style of football that causes problems from time to time, but we probably had about 65 per cent of the ball.

“We rattled the woodwork twice, but we hadn’t our finishing boots with us.”

Despite not taking the win, Connolly was keen to take the positives from a strong start to life in Division Two.

“It is a hard pitch to play on – it’s very small and when they are playing the likes of Sean Quigley, it is tough,” he admitted.

“It’s arguably one of the hardest games out of the way, so we are happy to get away with a point.

“It could have been more but we are still unbeaten, and it is a positive start.

“We just need to start taking our chances when we are on top. We are a promoted side so to be three games in and still unbeaten, and to have only conceded two goals, is a very positive start.

“The boys are enjoying it, and they not intimidated by anybody.”

Orchard Farm Manager Stephen Marron admitted that his team, who were without top scorer Seamus Quigley through suspension, were second-best for spells during the match.

“We had our backs against the wall for a long time and I’m sure Galaxy were annoyed they didn’t score in the first half.

“We probably still had the better chances in the first half, even though they played all the football, and in the second half we nearly stole it at the end, but we were content with a point at the end.

“Of course we missed Seamie Quigley because he is a great target man. We were also missing Francie Maguire, which is a massive miss, and another couple who would be borderline first team, but that’s no excuse either.

“We can have no complaints with the result.”

Galaxy were quickly on the front foot, but despite their superiority they were struggling to carve out clear-cut chances in front of the goal, with long-range efforts from Gavin McGinn and Darryl Kelly the closest they came.

The home team’s best effort in the first half was well saved, but at the start of the second half it was again Galaxy who looked most likely to score.

Michael Dooris and Louis Lakes both had opportunities, and Robbie Regan came within inches of scoring when his long-range volley was touched on to the post by the keeper Ian Carson.

Orchard Farm were always in the game, however, and moments after striking the crossbar they went in front when Sean Quigley headed home.

Galaxy responded well and drew level within five minutes when Dooris was brought down inside the area, with the attacker picking himself up to dispatch the spot kick.

Orchard Farm had one final chance to snatch all the points, but fired wide to ensure the game finished level.