Lisnaskea 3-14 Coa 1-04

Lisnaskea Emmetts bounced back from last week’s disappointing defeat to Aghadrumsee with a comprehensive victory over Coa at Emmett Park last Friday night.

Peter Clarke’s side got off to the ideal start as they rattled home three goals in the opening ten minutes and from there it was always going to be an uphill struggle for the O’Dwyers, who had won their opening game against Teemore.

Clarke was delighted with the performance of his players on the night.

“I was very pleased with how we went about our job on Friday night.

“We hit the ground running in the opening quarter and that set the tone for the game.

“We were really focused for the game and I felt that came out in the team performance, overall I was pleased with the display,” he said.

Lisnaskea now face Teemore this weekend and a win should see them progress through to the group final.

“We wanted to go into the Teemore game with everything to play for and we have done that and that game is like a play off now.

“We are very much a work in progress but we would be very happy with the togetherness and energy in the group,” added Clarke.

Coa manager Gary Donnelly acknowledged that the three early goals made life difficult for his side but he was happy to get a look at different players in action.

“The three goals coming in the first ten minutes left us on the back foot straight away and it’s always going to be difficult to recover from that.

“But we started some lads that didn’t get game time last week and a few more came on as substitutes so the squad got minutes into the legs and that will benefit us when the league proper starts,” he said.

The Emmetts came flying out of the blocks and Sean Keenan hit the back of the net twice in the early stags while Hayden Lynch also raised a green flag for the home side.

Coa did reply with a Darren McQuade goal but Lisnaskea remained in control with Joe McDade and Cathal Caulfield giving them a solid platform in the middle of the park.

Adam McKenna, Keenan, Lynch and Ryan O’Keefe all fired over points for Lisnaskea while Coa had scores from McQuade and Ruairi McGuinness as the home side led 3-07 to 1-02 at half time.

And the Emmetts continued to have the better of things after the break as the impressive McKenna and substitute Justin McDade tagged on points.

McQuade and McGuinness added on points for Coa in the second half but Lisnaskea were always in command to run out comfortable victors on the night.