Maguiresbridge 1-6 Lisnaskea 1-12

Lisnaskea Emmetts claimed the local bragging rights on Friday night after making the short trip to Maguiresbridge with six points the difference between the sides.

A late first-half goal for the Emmetts saw them take their first lead of the game after Maguiresbridge led for the majority of the first half and the away side stretched their lead over the course of the second period in miserable conditions to take their division points tally up to 10 points.

Midfielder Odhran O’Connor kicked the first point of the game as the home side took an early lead, before Joe McDade replied for Lisnaskea with a point of his own.

A few minutes later, Ciaran Corrigan kicked a high ball into the square and the Lisnaskea keeper could only punch the ball over his own crossbar under pressure from the ’Bridge attack.

Scores from Sean and Ciaran Corrigan gave Maguiresbridge a three-point lead with a quarter of the game gone.

Hayden Lynch responded for the visitors with a couple of points and Joe McDade also added his second with a right-footed effort that sailed over the black spot after good build-up play that started from ’Skea’s backline.

The Emmetts bagged their goal on 25 minutes when Dylan Tierney’s effort could not be kept out after a high ball into the square, although Ciaran Corrigan replied with his second score to leave the scoreline at 1-5 to 0-5 going into the break.

Lynch added another point for Lisnaskea, with Sean Corrigan responding.

And it was Corrigan who created the ’Bridge goal just before the 45th minute when he received the ball with his back to goal and turned his marker before firing a shot towards goal that cannoned off the crossbar.

The rebound fell to corner forward Tommy McGrory, who stayed cool and slotted a right-footed shot into the bottom-left corner.

However, the ’Bridge were unable to build on the goal and Lisnaskea pulled away with Lynch, Tierney, Eoin McCabe and James McKenna all scoring as they sealed the win.

Lisnaskea Manager John Reihill said: “It was another close game the whole way through.

“We are taking each game as it comes and trying to end up as high in the league as possible.”

’Bridge Manager Shane O’Donnell felt the away side deserved their win.

“It was a tight game until ’Skea pulled away in the middle of the second half. We got the goal to go one behind, but could not add to it, and ’Skea were deserved winners,” he said.