Enniskillen Town 3 Lisnaskea Rovers 0

Enniskillen Town lifted the 2022 Coffey Cup last Wednesday evening as they saw off Lisnaskea Rovers by a scoreline of 3-0 in the final at Castle Park.

Rovers were trying to win the trophy for the 10th time going into the game and they’re first since 2007 but two goals from Frank Wallace and one from strike partner Kane Connor saw the Town come out on top.

Town were in control for the majority of proceedings and came close to scoring the opener halfway through the first half when player of the tournament Connor chipped an effort from the edge of the box, but it came off the underside of the crossbar and was cleared.

Rovers first-half chances were limited but they almost found a breakthrough when Sean Keenan tried his luck with a 35-yard left-footed shot that swerved and dipped before being pushed out for a corner.

Town eventually bagged their first goal right on the stroke of half-time as Cathal Beacom broke into the box and pulled the ball back to Connor who watched his shot roll into the bottom left corner.

Town’s lead was doubled just after the hour mark when Wallace was played behind the Rovers defence with a cross-field ball, and he made no mistake to double the lead.

Niall Keenan forced the Town goalkeeper to make saves with two 25-yard efforts while Eoin McCabe also had a shot put over the bar after breaking through the Town defence.

However, the Enniskillen side continued the game with large spells of possession and found a third just before the end when Duane Beacom played a ball in behind and Wallace chipped the keeper, a great finish to make it three.

Enniskillen Town manager Rory Judge said: “I thought Rovers made it very hard for us, particularly in the opening half, the second half opened up a bit more for us.

“I was impressed with Rovers structural discipline, and it was a good test for us.”

Looking ahead to the new season Judge said: “I feel we have a squad capable of challenging this season. The move to St.Michael’s can only help us. We have great facilities and now we can train when it suits us.”

Lisnaskea Rovers manager Shane O’Donnell praised Town for their performance: “Unfortunately they scored right on half-time and in the second half they showed their class which is why they are one of the best teams in the Fermanagh and Western.

“We still have six or seven lads to come in and the aim is to go straight back up to Division One, but it will not be easy.”