Ballinamallard Utd 7 Trojans 0

Ballinamallard Utd followed up Saturday’s win over Ards with a resounding 7-0 victory over Trojans to progress to the next round of the North West Cup on Tuesday night.

Stevie Drumm netted twice for the Ducks with Ryan Morris, John Edgar and Patrick Ferry also got on the scoresheet while there was two own goals too as the Mallards eased to the win.

“We wanted to build on the win we had on Saturday but we also had to rest a few players with Friday night’s league game against Welders in mind. That allowed us though to give a few others much needed game time and those who came in all did well,” said Ballinamallard manager Harry McConkey, who was pleased with the performance.

“We were up against a young, energetic Trojans side who play football out from the back but on the night I felt we were a little bit stronger and more clinical. To score seven goals and keep a cleansheet was pleasing,” he added.

McConkey was able to get the likes of Richard Clarke, Patrick Ferry and Ben McCann game time on the night while the likes of Drumm, Niock Palmer and goalkeeper Jamie Ray came in and impressed.

“It was a big bonus to get Clarkie through 90 minutes, Patrick Ferry also got 90 minutes and Ben McCann was able to get 30 minutes under his belt so it was great to have them back on the pitch.

“Jamie Ray came into goal and did very well again and showed that he will be pushing Michael Lynch for that spot while Stevie Drumm came in and scored twice and had a great 90 minutes. Nick Plamer had a good game too and I also thought that Ryan Morris was outstanding in the centre of the defence,” said McConkey.

Ballinamallard were quickly into their stride as they took the lead with only five minutes on the clock with Drumm slotting home after a good move by the home side.

Josh McIlwaine went close to doubling the Mallards lead but his shot was just over the bar, however, a second did arrive shortly after through a Ryan Morris deflected header.

Ferry and Palmer went close to extending the lead before an own goal made it 3-0.

And the Mallards were four to the good at the break as John Edgar slotted home.

And the goals continued in th second half as Ferry made it 5-0 while Edgar was denied his second by a a good stop by the keeper when through one on one.

Another own goal made it 6-0 and Drumm wrapped up the scoring late on with his second and Ballinamallard’s seventh.