Enniskillen Gaels 0-16 Belcoo 2-07

Enniskillen Gaels will go into the Senior Football League campaign with one point following a battling victory over Belcoo.

The loss means Belcoo will go into the league with no points.

A scoring burst midway through the first half gave the Gaels a cushion that would never give up despite the O'Rahilly's hitting the net in each half.

The visitors started the brighter of the sides and moved into a two-point lead thanks to good scores from Ciarán Flaherty and Dara Flanagan but the Gaels responded with three points on the bounce.

It could have been so much better for Belcoo as they managed to turn a short Gaels kick out and Flanagan played a brilliant ball to Michael Burn but his shot came back off the post and Enniskillen cleared.

Ethan Beresford reacted quickest to a rebound from a long ball into the Belcoo square before pointing and then Jamie Steele hit two fine scores to move the home side in front.

Conor McAloon restored parity but the Gaels responded through a John Reihill free kick followed by a Paul McGrath free for Belcoo to make it 0-04 apiece after 20 minutes.

Enniskillen would push into a four-point lead as they rattled off points from Beresford, Lorcan Love, Ronan Beattie and Paddy Reihill to make it 0-08 to 0-04 with the half almost up.

However, Belcooe were boosted when quick interplay by Flaherty and Josh Killilea saw the latter get through on goal and finish to the net.

Beresford would have the last say of the half for the Gaels as they went up the field and the corner forward pointed to leave it 0-09 to 1-04 at the break.

Belcoo quickly cut the deficit to a point after the restart with a good Killilea point but three consecutive scores from the Gaels made it 0-12 to 1-05.

Two misplaced Belcoo passes allowed Beresford to tap over a free while Steele score from play while Paddy Reihill also converted a mark.

Gary Doherty converted a 45 in response before Richie O'Callaghan fired over a brilliant score from distance.

But Belcoo got right back in the game when Burns, playing his first competitive senior game for Belcoo collected the ball on the sideline and glided past several Gaels players before crashing a shot in off the crossbar to leave it 0-13 to 2-06 midway through the half.

It would be 10 minutes before the next score and it was Eoin Beacom for the Gaels.

McGrath would hit Belcoo's final two scores from frees either side of points from Cal McAnespy and a John Reihill free as the game wore on.

Belcoo did have one final attack to find a goal but the ball was gathered by Beacom and the final whistle blew.