Belcoo 0-06 Enniskillen Gaels 1-12

Enniskillen Gaels made it three wins from three in the Westville Hotel SFL Division One as they overcame a stubborn challenge from Belcoo.

The result was never really in doubt after the Gaels found the back of the net within their first attack.

But for Belcoo it was a better performance than their hammering by Kinawley the week before.

The visitors won the throw-up and went on the attack which found its way out to Eoin Beacom. As his shot looked to be drifting wide John Reihill did well to punch the ball back towards goal and Conor McShea was on hand to gather and fire to the net.

Conor Watson followed this with a good point from the right.

Belcoo opened their account with a fine score from a Michael Burns mark but the Gaels had sight of goal again as a kickout won in the middle of the field was played quickly into Conor Love who offloaded to Reihill and he drilled over the bar when the goal was on.

Lawrence McKeown responded straight away for Belcoo to make it 1-02 to 0-02 with 10 minutes played.

Reihill added his second of the day shortly after and then he did well to win a ball off the post and jink his way through Belcoo challenges before pointing.

A Ciarán Flaherty free stopped Belcoo’s drought and he added another shortly after to leave the goal between the sides but Ethan Beresford would hit the final score of the half after a lay-off from McShea to leave it 1-05 to 0-04 at the break.

The start of the second half saw the Gaels put the game to bed with a string of points starting with a Beacom effort.

Reihill then had another sight of goal when a wayward pass allowed his side to break but his shot was well saved by Gary Doherty. Ross Bogue converted the resulting 45.

Beresford had an easy tap over after patient build-up play to make it 1-08 to 0-04.

A Flaherty free was Belcoo’s sole reply for a foul on McKeown but Bogue ventured up the field to cancel it out.

Conor Love followed this up with a converted free and while Flaherty hit another free for Belcoo it was to be their final score of the game as the Gaels rounded off the win with scores from frees converted by Bogue and Love to leave nine points in it at the break.

Reflecting on the game, Gaels coach, Aidan McCarron said: “Happy to get the win. All credit to Belcoo, they made it very difficult for us and we struggled to shake them off util maybe 10 minutes to go.

“There is loads to work on, especially some of our decision-making in the final third.

“It was great to get some game time into Eoin Beacom and John Reihill.