Lisbellaw United 1 NFC Kesh 2.

Kesh were good value for this win over Lisbellaw with Nathan Cashel their two goal hero on the day. Both Kesh’s goals came in the first half. Lisbellaw did have a penalty saved in the second half when the score was 2-0 and although they pulled a goal back the Kesh rearguard stood firm with Nigel Beacom and Grant Ellis performing heroics in the centre of defence.
After the game Kesh boss, Nicky Noble, was delighted to have taken the three points on offer;
“It was a great performance I think we were the dominant team over the course of the game. It is as good as I have saw us play. We didn’t win too many games last season so it is good to have had the start that we have had,” he said before continuing; 
“We have won three from four now and we would be very happy with that. It is all about getting a consistent team and getting that consistent performance too.”
Kesh were completely in control during the opening 45 minutes but they missed chances to go ahead as they pressed continually in the final third of the field.
The breakthrough finally came on the 25 minute mark. Ryan Morris, Ollie Russell and Alex Holder were all involved with the latter finding Cashel at the edge of the box and he made no mistake with a fine finish with the outside of his right foot.
The second Kesh goal arrived just before the break with Cashel using his speed to get in behind the home defence and he just reached the ball before James McGrath who nicked the striker and the referee had no qualms in pointing to the spot. Cashel dusted himself off and dispatched the penalty to double his side’s advantage.
Lisbellaw came out in the second half and certainly put up a much better performance and were able to compete in the possession stakes. 
They were awarded a penalty when a Niall Cassidy’s shot was handled in the box but Jordan Cadden’s penalty was well saved by Ross McClelland.
Lisbellaw were undeterred however and they continued to press and that pressure told with 65 minutes on the clock when a shot came back off the crossbar and Matthew McConkey was on hand to turn the ball home.
There were half chances at either end for the remainder of the game but crucially for the home side they were unable to carve out anything like a clear cut chance against a very strong Kesh defence and in the end an away win was the fair result.