Lisnaskea Rovers 4 Lisbellaw United 6.

Lisnaskea are still looking for their first league points of the season, after they let a 4-2 half time lead slip away against Lisbellaw. The bottom club looked to be on the way to a surprise victory but title challengers Lisbellaw mounted a second half fight back to snatch victory in dramatic fashion.
“It was a crazy game,” admitted Lisbellaw manager Andy Reilly. “We were well in command at 2-0 but the twenty minutes before half time was unacceptable and there was only one winner at that stage. Thankfully, with a few home truths, we managed to sort it out at half time and we got a brilliant reaction from everyone.”
Lisnaskea manager Darren Graham was left to rue another missed opportunity, as his team continue to search for their first win of the campaign. “We threw it away again,” he said. “It seems to be a regular thing now that we can’t come out after half time without conceding a goal straight away for some bizarre reason. The worst thing that ever happened to us was half time. We had them on the ropes big time and when they came in at half time they grouped themselves together. It was a bitter pill to swallow because I thought we had them.”
Despite the defeat, Darren is confident that his team will turn the corner in the coming weeks. “It’s coming. I just wish it would come sooner rather than later,” he said. “The score line doesn’t reflect the game in a lot of the matches we have played. For 70 minutes we have been there or thereabouts in every game and it was the same this week. There were a couple of dodgy decisions from the referee. I thought he had a brutal game in my eyes, but that is the way it goes down there. If we had a couple of points on the board things might have gone our way but we are down at the bottom and struggling.”
Lisbellaw went into the game as favourites for the win and it looked as though the game was going as expected when they quickly raced into a two goal lead. Paul McGrath side footed home a Davy Little cross to give them the lead, and they soon increased their advantage when Jordan Cadden curled in a free kick.
Lisnaskea produced a devastating twenty minute spell however to turn the game on its head. Kevin Curran ran on to a long ball from Alan Domer to pull one back, and Jordan Bowles converted Domer’s cross to level the match. Barry Flanagan’s header from a Kevin Curran cross gave them the lead, and they went further ahead when Curran added his second, ghosting past two defenders before finding the corner of the net.
At half time Lisbellaw regrouped and hit four unanswered goals to secure the points. Ivan Carson scored twice, McGrath grabbed his second and Andy Little made the game safe. Both sides hit the post late in the game with Andy Little firing off the upright just before he had to be withdrawn with an injury, while at the other end Jason Flanagan struck the outside of the woodwork for Lisnaskea.