Magheraveely 1 Lisnaskea Rovers 2.

Lisnaskea secured their first win of the season in the bottom of the table clash with Magheraveely, leaving the home team left still searching for their first point of the campaign. Magheraveely took the lead from a Rory McGrade free kick but two goals in three minutes from Jason Flanagan turned the game on its head.
“It was a relief to get a win because that was a six point game for us,” admitted Rovers manager Darren Graham. “I was more than pleased. We got off to a very good start and had all the possession. They scored a goal against the run of play, but we never let off and kept at them. It gives the boys a lift and it was a relief off my shoulders. You could see the bounce in their step when they were coming off the pitch afterwards.”
The reversal leaves Magheraveely still searching for a result that will kick-start their season. “It was a very poor performance from us. One of our worst performances ever!” was the damning verdict of Magheraveely’s Rodney McVitty. “In the second half we were terrible. Our passing wasn’t good and our final ball was poor. They defended well and we couldn’t break them down. We just have to forget about it now and get on with it. It was a big six pointer but we have to keep moving and trying to get points where we can. We have Beragh next and if we can get three points there we will be back in the mix because the teams above us are only three or four points ahead.”
Lisnaskea were missing several players due to Gaelic commitments, but despite the enforced changes they made the brighter start. They were unable to convert their early superiority into goal scoring opportunities however, and it was Magheraveely who pounced to take the lead. Joe Williamson was fouled twenty yards from goal, and Rory McGrade stepped up to curl the free kick past his brother Matty in the Rover’s goal.
Warren Stewart and Shane Reavey also had efforts on the Rover’s goal, while at the other end Adam McKenna had a penalty claim waved away and had an effort come back off the woodwork.
The game changed moments before the half time whistle. Gregory Johnston tried to clear the ball from inside the Magheraveely penalty area and the ball made contact with the hand of Paul Elliott, with Jason Flanagan scoring from the spot. Moments later Rovers took the lead when Flanagan gathered possession 25 yards from goal and fired a long range shot through the keeper’s hands.
Defences were on top during the second half and with Magheraveely unable to breach the Rover’s back line it was Lisnaskea that claimed the vital win.