Enniskillen Rangers 2 Irvinestown Wanderers 0.

Enniskillen Rangers remained top of the the Division One table following a hard fought win over Irvinestown Wanderers at the Ball Range on Saturday. 
The prolific Jason Keenan with his 22nd goal of the season sent Rangers on their way with a good finish in the first half before veteran Jarno Glass sealed the win when he found the net in stoppage time at the end of the second half. 
The win keeps Rangers three points ahead of Kesh who will be level with the ‘Gers assuming their win over Tummery is ratified by the Fermanagh and Western committee after their game with was abandoned in the 87th minute with Kesh leading 3-2. 
The matter has yet to be dealt with by the Fermanagh and Western. 
“We are delighted with how the first half of the season has gone, we’re sitting top of the table at Christmas and that’s where we want to be,” said ‘Gers boss Michael Kerr. “We know that there are a lot of tough games to come in the second half of the season but it is so far so good.”
On the game, Kerr was simply happy to get the win.
“We were probably not at our most fluent but we got the three points and a cleansheet which was also pleasing,” he said.
This was a tight encounter throughout the 90 minutes with little by way of clear cut goal mouth action in the opening 20 minutes. 
The speedy Mark Cutler was a constant thorn in the Irvinestown defence and he created the first real chance when he broke down the left and cut onto his right foot but his shot was blocked. 
From the resulting corner, Stephen Chambers fired in a superb cross that was flicked on at the near post but there was nobody at the back post to slot home. 
Rangers, though, did take the lead soon after when Jamie Robinson played in a great diagonal ball which Burleigh controlled on his chest and laid off to Keenan who slotted home low into the bottom corner for 1-0. 
Irvinestown’s only real chance of the half came when Joey Miller was fouled and Gary Maguire fired over a free kick to the back post which Ronan Ormsby headed goalwards but Jerome Carleton tipped around the post. 
Cutler was the main outlet for Rangers and at the start of the second half he twice broke down the right but the Gers could not find the right ball. On one occasion, he played in David Crozier whose shot missed the far post and Keenan who was inches away from getting a touch on the ball. 
Then Chambers and Chris Currie combined but again the final ball let the home side down. 
At the other end, the Wanderers started to enjoy their best period of the game. 
Joey Miller broke down the right and stayed on his feet well under challenge but fired over the bar from inside the penalty box while Maguire arrowed an excellent left footed free kick just wide. 
Wanderers were then claiming a penalty for a pull on Ormsby from a quickly taken Maguire free kick but these were waved away by referee David Carson. 
Ormsby produced a superb save from Carleton with a 25 yard shot with Miller turning the rebound to Sheridan but Carleton and Neil Coulter combined to stop the striker. 
Rangers always looked dangerous on the counter attack especially and had chances to kill the game but only did so in injury time as Adam Wallace played in Glass and he rifled the ball into the roof of the net for 2-0 and to secure the points for Rangers.
Irvinestown manager Rory Cassidy was satisfied with how his side played but felt decisions didn’t go their way on the day.
“I was happy with the performance and I was disappointed not to get anything out of the game. We felt that the big decisions didn’t go our way, we thought we should have had a free kick in the build up to their first goal and then we should have had a penalty in the second half,” he said.