Irvinestown Wanderers 2 Enniskillen Town 3

Mark Little bagged the decisive goal of the game as Enniskillen Town began 2018 on a winning note as they claimed a 3-2 victory over Irvinestown Wanderers at the Bawnacre Centre on Saturday.
In an entertaining contest, Town twice led through Frank Wallace and Conor Tummon only to be pegged back on each occasion by goals from Stephen Sheridan.
However, Little popped up unmarked six yards out to head home what was to be the winner as Rory Judge’s returned home with the points on offer.
“We have been able to do nothing really for the last three weeks so to be able to go there and come away with the win is very pleasing. Irvinestown are a good side with some very good players so it was a great three points from our point of view,” said Judge.
Town, who have signed Michael Simpson from Enniskillen Rangers and Brian McDermott from Lisnaskea Rovers, are looking to put a run of results together and Judge is hoping to build a bit of momentum in the coming weeks.
“We’ll hopefully have the two new players in for our next game and we are trying to string a couple of wins together and get a bit of momentum as there is still the Mulhern Cup to be played,” he said.
For Irvinestown manager Rory Cassidy there was disappointment to end up empty handed.
“We felt we should have taken something out of it but we are on a bit of a bad run at the minute and we need to get a few points on the board and get moving in the right direction,” he said.
Both sides were guilty of errant passes on a difficult surface but it was Town who made the livelier start to the game as they opened the scoring in the seventh minute. Stephen Clarke’s well weighted pass ushered in Wallace and he rounded goalkeeper TJ McMulkin to score.
Irvinestown though levelled things 15 minutes later when William Simpson was adjudged to have handled  the ball on the ground after making a challenge on Sheridan and the Wanderers front man stepped up to slot home from the spot.
However, the away side regained the initiative before half time with Tummon hooking the ball over his shoulder to the net from a Johnny Hoy pass to leave it 2-1 at the break.
Town goalkeeper Damian Wardman made a good stop with his feet in the opening minute of the second while at the other end, McMulkin pulled off saves to deny Wallace and Clarke as they looked to extend the Town lead.
A stunning 30 yard strike by Sheridan that gave Wardman no chance though had the sides level at 2-2 and after this both went looking for the win.
It was the away side however who were to go on and clinch all three points.
Wallace broke down the right and although his shot was blocked by McMulkin, the rebound spilled back to Wallace and he clipped it across the goalmouth were Little was waiting unmarked to nod into the net.