Enniskillen Rangers 3 Magheraveely 1

Christopher Currie came off the bench to bag a hat-trick as Ennsikillen Rangers came from behind to secure a 3-1 win over Magheaveely at the Ball Range on Saturday.
Magheraveely would have sniffed the possibility of an upset as Alan Gregg’s goal sent them in at the break with the advantage.
However, Rangers boss Michael Kerr sprung Currie into action early in the second half and he swung the game in the ‘Gers favour.
Currie was only on the pitch a matter of minutes when he levelled up the game with a fine effort before a mistake by the Magheraveely goalkeeper saw Currie claim his second.
And he rounded off his hat-trick with the help of a deflection to seal all three points for Rnagers.
However, Kerr was not happy with his side’s first half performance.
“It was our worst 45 minutes of the season, it was unacceptable and I let the players know that at half time. I questioned how much they wanted to win a game a football. They did improve in the second half and I was glad to get the win but the first half was not good enough,” he said.
Magheraveely manager Richard Farrell was reasonably happy with his side’s performance on the day.
“Given that this was our first game in nine weeks, I was happy with the performance of the boys, especially in the first half when we frustrated Rangers. The game turned though when Christopher Currie came on, he made a massive difference and once they got their second goal it was always going to an uphill battle for us,” he commented.
Magheraveely worked hard to deny Rangers getting a foothold in the game in the first half and with five minutes to go to the break the visitors took the lead.
Richard Johnston’s wayward back pass was straight to Gregg and he rounded Jerome Carleton in the ‘Gers goal before slotting home.
Rangers though lifted their game in the second half and Currie made an immediate impact on his introduction as he levelled up the game. He cut in from the right before bending a shot into the bottom corner for 1-1.
Ten minutes later Rangers took the lead when Currie’s over hit through ball was misjudged by the goalkeeper who let it slip through his arms.
And Currie wrapped up the points for the home side with a third that took a deflection en route to goal.