Belnaleck 5-09 Coa 2-09.

Belnaleck made it a year of double joy as they collected a division three title to go along with the Junior Championship trophy that they won a few weeks ago. 
In both those finals, they got the better of Coa O’Dwyers with three goals to spare in this most recent encounter.
That scoreline perhaps flatters the winners just a little however as they trailed by two points with just ten minutes left to play. 
Three late goals from the Art McMurroughs was to provide a comfortable cushion as the final whistle drew close.
For Coa, they will look to a second half where they scored just four points in 30 minutes, and none in the last ten minutes, as the main reason for this defeat. 
The game was all square at the break with the teams tied at 2-05 apiece with Coa twice hauling in Belnaleck as the winners looked to be putting some daylight between the teams.
Ciaran McBrien continued his wonderful form and he hit 1-01 for Belnaleck to give them an early lead but to their credit Coa came right back through scores from Cathal Beacom and a Gary Lynch goal.
The teams traded points as the midway point of the first half passed. Conor McAuley, Joe Heavey and McBrien all on target for Belnaleck while Beacom and Eoin Donnelly replied in kind for the O’Dwyers. 
The sides were then to trade goals with Sean Lesley first raising cheers from the Belnaleck support with Eoin Donnelly replying in kind for Coa.
The second half started off with both sides looking to gain a grip on proceedings but by the 40-minute mark, only a further point had been registered at either end with Beacom and Heavey exchanging free kicks.
Coa did hit their best spell in the game and they notched three points in a row to take a two-point advantage. Beacom, Ryan Hanna and Julian Carters the men on target for the O’Dwyers. But just as they looked to be establishing a foothold the Art McMurroughs came roaring back and were finish the game outscoring Coa 3-02 to no score.
Darragh McGurn was to be central to their comeback with a tremendous point from play and it was his excellent big catch that paved the way for McBrien to play in Conor McAuley who finished to the net to restore the lead for Belnaleck.
Further goals came in quick succession from substitute Johnny Owens and Heavey while Ownes added another point.
In the end, Belnaleck were deserving winners and selector Malachy McConnell expressed his delight at the final whistle;
“It is fantastic for everyone involved. We said to the players that we needed to be strong in the last five to ten minutes and they certainly were and it shows that the training is definitely paying off. 
“There has been a very good level of consistency lately and that has really helped us,” he stated.