Lisnaskea 0-15 Teemore 1-10.

In the end, Lisnaskea deserved their win and their place in division one next season but Teemore almost made a late smash and grab to steal the victory. A Barry Owens flicked goal in the final few minutes set things up for a grandstand finish but they couldn’t find that second green flag that would have secured their spot in the top flight for the 2018 season.
For Lisnaskea remaining in division one was of paramount importance and goes a long way to help with the disappointment of losing an Intermediate final;
“We have a very very young squad and we were down after losing that final but looking at the whole season and when you take a step back it was so important for the development of the team that we stayed in division one,” Kevin O’Rourke, the Emmetts joint manager explained.
For his opposite number, Tommy Clarke, there was an air of pragmatism to his comments in the aftermath of the match;
“I think when you look at it we stayed in the senior championship and we got relegated in the league and if you think of that as we are playing in one of the top two competitions then I think that is probably about right for where we are at the minute.”
In truth, Lisnaskea were the better team throughout and they lead by five points at the break with Daniel Kille from placed balls hitting the majority of their scores. Mark Little and the youthful Hayden Lynch were also on target for the Emmetts in the first half. 
For Teemore they had scores from Liam Martin from frees and a fine effort from Niall Clarke in that opening period but in truth, they laboured in attack to get anything meaningful going. Kille landed the first point of the second half to put Lisnaskea six to the good. From that point, Teemore did come much more into the game and they outscored the opposition 1-06 to 0-04 but crucially Lisnaskea was always able to break away for scores with Ryan Glancy on target along with Kille.
For Teemore Martin was again their main scorer in chief with John Fitzpatrick also chipping in with scores. The only goal of the game came from a long ball from Martin with Owens getting the faintest of flicks to direct it to the net.
The Emmetts held out, however, to take the victory, with the best performers on the day for the winners Mark McKenna at full back, Tom Clarke at midfield and Kille in the attack. For the losers, Joey Donegan, Clarke and Martin all caught the eye.