Firefighters rescued a woman and her baby following a carbon monoxide alert at a house in Enniskillen on Sunday night.

Two appliances were deployed from Enniskillen Fire Station to attend the incident at Coleshill Crescent, Enniskillen following a call at 10.26pm on Sunday February 3.

A spokeswoman for the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service stated: “Firefighters were called to a two storey semi-detached house where a carbon monoxide alarm had activated. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus took carbon monoxide readings, removed the open fire and ventilated the property. A woman in her 30s and a baby were taken to hospital for check-ups.”

Firefighters had dealt with the incident at 11.45pm.