A 25-year-old man was taken to hospital after suffering slight smoke inhalation and burns to his hand following a fire at a property in Cleenish Park, Enniskillen in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Two fire service appliances from Enniskillen Fire Station attended the incident which was reported at 5.35am on Wednesday, August 14.

A spokesman for the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) stated: “Firefighters were called to a fire in a grill pan in Cleenish Park, Enniskillen. The fire was extinguished prior to firefighters arrival.”

He continued: “One 25-year-old male had suffered slight smoke inhalation and burns to his right hand. He was taken to hospital by an ambulance.”

The cause of the fire was determined as “accidental”. Firefighters had dealt with the incident by 6.08am.