POLICE have said two people have been arrested following a fire which destroyed a furniture store in Lisnaskea in the early hours of last Friday morning. The RUC said yesterday that the two were being questioned about the incident.

The fire cause extensive damage at Jordan's Furniture store. The premises at Main Street were extensively damaged in an explosion and fire at approximately 12.30am last Friday.

According to a police spokesman earlier this week, a husband and wife were taken to the Erne Hospital "suffering from burns". It is understood their injuries are not serious. The injured couple were named locally as Mr. Mrs. Darren Rice.

A hospital spokesman said the couple had been released from hospital.

The RUC said: "Forensic experts have been at the scene sifting through the debris of the shop which was destroyed; however, it is not clear whether reported explosions were caused by a fire or the fire was caused by an explosion."

Investigations into the matter are continuing.

A number of other businesses were also damaged in the blaze at Jordans. The area of Main Street, affected by the fire remained sealed off for a period last Friday.

Mr. Auvrey Jordan, owner of the building, speaking from his him, said that the family run business had been completely destroyed. He said he is currently trying to get temporary premises.