Fermanagh 1-16 Derry 3-08

Fermanagh withstood a strong fight back from Derry to make it four wins out of four in Division Three for Rory Gallagher's charges.

Fermanagh led by nine points at the break and moved 11 clear early in the second half but two goals in the space of a minute breathed life into the Derry challenge.

The Oak Leaf went on to close the gap back to two points but Fermanagh managed to see things out to maintain their 100 percent start to the campaign.

Fermanagh were in sparkling form in the first half as they started on front foot and remained there as they dominated proceedings.

Seamus Quigley, who finished the game with 1-08, registered the opening two points of the contest from frees and Fermanagh followed up with points from play from Aidan Breen and Barry Mulrone to make it 0-4 to 0-0 after eight minutes.

Fermanagh continued to dictate the play and Eoin Donnelly powered over from distance before Quigley tapped over a free. And the Roslea man was at the centre of things again in the 13th minute as he got on the end of a long ball from Paul McCusker to slot low to the net to make it 1-6 to 0-0.

Another two Quigley frees stretched the Fermanagh lead out further as they moved into an 11 point advantage before Derry finally opened their account from a Mark Lynch free in the 18th minute.

Fermanagh though continued to pile on the scores as Ciaran Corrigan and Conall Jones added points.

Lynch and Quigley traded points before Derry hit a goal of their own as Emmet Bradley got on the end of a quick Lynch free to blast to the roof of the net.

Lynch was to tag on a third free for the Oak Leaf men but Fermanagh had the last say of the half as Declan McCusker got forward to rifle over to leave it 1-12 to 1-3 at the interval.

There appeared to be little danger for Gallagher's side as Quigley pointed from a free and from play to push the advantage out to 11 points but they were rocked back by two goals in a minute as Derry got back into contention.

Lynch palmed home from a ball to the back post and an error from the subsequent kick out by Pat Cadden saw Danny Tallon tee up Kielt for a simple finish.

Cian McManus and Paul McCusker did land points, sandwiching a Kielt free, but these were the last Fermanagh scores as Derry started to close the gap.

Indeed, Cadden pulled off a fine save to deny Kielt before Lynn and Kielt tagged on points to leave it a four point game, 1-16 to 3-06.

Ruairi Corrigan had the chance to put the game to bed nine minutes from time but his saw his shot saved by Derry goalkeeper Ben McKinless.

However, when Lynch and Padraig McGrogan notched points for Derry it left two in it as the contest headed into added on time.

Fermanagh though held firm and in the end the two points divided the sides as Fermanagh finished up 1-16 to 3-08 victors.