Beragh Swifts 0 Enniskillen Rangers 4

Enniskillen Rangers maintained their 100 per cent start to the new season as they made it four out of four in the defence of their Mercer League title with a 4-0 win away to Beragh Swifts on Saturday.

Two goal apiece for Jason Keenan and Christopher Currie sealed the points to leave the ‘Gers sitting top of the table on goal difference from Tummery.

“I thought some of the football we played in the first half was the best I’ve seen from us in a long time,” said a delighted ‘Gers boss Michael Kerr.

“We were cool and calm on the ball and off the ball we were very good as well. Going there, if I was offered the three points with a clean sheet and scoring four goals I would take it every day.”

Rangers now face a home game against local rivals Enniskillen Town at the Ball Range on Saturday and Kerr is just focused on trying to get another three points on the board.

“Look, people can make a lot of derby games but at the end of the day, it is just another game and you only get three points for winning it.

“It is though a game we will look forward to, it is two teams who are in good form going into it although form can go out the window in these games. We’ll just worry about ourselves and we’ll look to play our game,” commented Kerr.

Kerr started former Glentoran, Glenavon and Ballinamallard player Shane McCabe in the middle of the park and they started the game on the front foot before taking the lead after 20 minutes.

Ciaran Brough was upended in the box and Jason Keenan stepped up to fire home from the spot.

With their tails up, the ‘Gers went on to add to their lead with a brilliant second.

A patient build up saw Smith, Turley, Coulter and Currie all involved before Currie’s cross was met by Keenan who produced a delicate backheel finish to round off a fine move by the visitors.

The experienced McCabe was involved in number three as he linked up with Smith and Keenan before Currie provided the finishing touch to leave it 3-0 at half time.

The Rangers performance did not reach the same levels in the second half but they did go on to make it 4-0 midway through the half as Currie bagged his second with a low drive across the goalkeeper to leave it 4-0 at the final whistle.