NFC Kesh 0 Enniskillen Town 5

Enniskillen Town fired five goals past Kesh, with Seamus Quigley grabbing a second half hat-trick to secure a resounding victory against last season’s title challengers.

First half strikes from Nathan Beckett and Frank Wallace had given Town a half time lead, and manager Rory Judge thought his side were good value for the win.

“It was very pleasing,” he admitted.

“They gave us a bit of lesson twice last year so we were very happy to get the points our performance deserved. We have been in a fairly rich vein of form over the last few weeks starting up in Strathroy before Christmas. We should have won more easily there and last week in the Junior Cup it could have been a cricket score, but this time it was good to get the goals.

“We hit the post, the bar and their keeper made a few good saves so there could have been another couple of goals added on.

“We are home to Mountjoy on Saturday and hopefully we can keep the good run going.”

Kesh manager Nicky Noble felt his side’s display was as poor as it has been since he has taken the position at the club.

“It was bad, probably the worst I have seen since I took over at the start of last season.

“Everybody had an off day and you can’t get away with that. We were out worked, out muscled and out played, it was very disappointing,” he said.

And he is now looking for a reaction from his players with another massive test coming up on Saturday away to Tummery.

“We need to get a response over the next couple of weeks. With the players we have we shouldn’t be playing like that. We need to pick things up and hopefully start climbing the table,” he added.

The game started in bizarre circumstances, with several of the Town squad stuck in traffic and missing the kick off. After delaying the start of the match by 15 minutes, the away side were forced to kick off with only ten players.

Kesh were unable to take advantage in the early stages, and after ten minutes Town were restored to full strength.

Moments later Town took the lead through youngster Nathan Beckett, as his cross drifted inside the far post.

Kesh were struggling to contain Town and Adam Breen came within inches of doubling the lead, only for his shot to come off the underside of the crossbar. The loose ball fell to Wallace and his back heel was deflected onto the post as Kesh survived.

The home team then twice cleared off the line, but they eventually succumbed to the pressure when Wallace broke clear of the defence and slotted past goal keeper McClelland at the near post.

It took just four minutes of the second half for Seamus Quigley to grab his side’s third, turned the defender and drilled a shot into the bottom corner.

Wallace then set him up for his second, and he completed his hat-trick when he tapped home from close range.